Decriminalise Drug Use, Say Experts After Six-Year Study

Amadeus

Aye Paulos. Alcohol and its metabolite acetaldehyde (responsible along with dehydration for the hangover bit) mostly gone in 24 hours, THC and its metabolities still hanging around after 24 days says it all really.

Just watched a stupid police program tonight with endearing coppers smashing up peoples houses, handcuffs on occupants and visiting relations etc up just to recover enough cannabis to fill an egg cup. If it was legalised they'd have to go and find some proper criminals to have a go at instead.

So THC stays in your system is that good or bad? I have some vague recollection of their being a receptor in the brain that only 'holds hands' with cannabis but that could be dope head propaganda, it could also be to do with LSD, DMT, Shrooms or something else I have read about in the past, it's all a blur smile.png Yeah I hate those police shows, the American one "Cops" - oooooooooh I hate them. Smashing into peoples homes like robo cop, what is that all about? These coppers, they're like 23 years old, kids in hard man jobs they need their legs slapping.

unfortunately they are conditioned to react like that,but hey things are getting better they even made "the evil marihuana" legal for all in colorado and washinton 3 months ago, common sense shall prevail eventually,

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt - so I'm told!

I'm a generally law-abiding sort of bloke and avoid things that could give me a police record, but I'm also increasingly disenchanted with a nanny state that tells me lies and allows me to kill myself with noxious substances as long as it generates lots of tax for them to waste. I'm not pro-drugs - as a father of three I warned all my kids of the dangers but in the realisation that if I could get them to adulthood they could make their own minds up about anything, drugs included. I've tried cannabis a number of times over the years and can take it or leave it - maybe because a 'friend' once gave me a spliff and only told me later it had been laced with something else, which gave me a bad trip and feeling very ill. I also tried it in Amsterdam once and it was too strong...again, might have been fun but I was unprepared for the effect and didn't enjoy it.

Reading the book last night and one government (Dutch? Belgian?) offers a service where you can take any drug to hospital without fear of arrest or confiscation and they'll test it to tell you exactly what it is, what the effects are likely to be and what to do if it goes wrong. It allows them to monitor what people are using and deal with the threats to people and society as a whole, and it strikes me as a much more pragmatic approach than elected idiots foaming at the mouth about 'Cake' or 'Baby Bio' and predicting armageddon unless SWAT teams are mobilised to deal with the menace.

Another good post on this subject Stu.

The part I've highlighted strikes me not only as pragmatic but also responsible and constructive action which I'd like to see a lot more ofthumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...

I just noticed someone in the courier got 60 hours community service for some possessing some MDMA & sorting his mates out with cannabis. Back in the day people would get crazy things like 6 years for admitting they'd sorted their mates out. What does this mean?

Aye Paulos. Alcohol and its metabolite acetaldehyde (responsible along with dehydration for the hangover bit) mostly gone in 24 hours, THC and its metabolities still hanging around after 24 days says it all really.

Just watched a stupid police program tonight with endearing coppers smashing up peoples houses, handcuffs on occupants and visiting relations etc up just to recover enough cannabis to fill an egg cup. If it was legalised they'd have to go and find some proper criminals to have a go at instead.

So THC stays in your system is that good or bad? I have some vague recollection of their being a receptor in the brain that only 'holds hands' with cannabis but that could be dope head propaganda, it could also be to do with LSD, DMT, Shrooms or something else I have read about in the past, it's all a blur smile.png Yeah I hate those police shows, the American one "Cops" - oooooooooh I hate them. Smashing into peoples homes like robo cop, what is that all about? These coppers, they're like 23 years old, kids in hard man jobs they need their legs slapping.

unfortunately they are conditioned to react like that,but hey things are getting better they even made "the evil marihuana" legal for all in colorado and washinton 3 months ago, common sense shall prevail eventually,

http://medicalmariju...sourceID=000881

I just checked the averages for university degree attainmant in the US, the avareage is 27%

19 states which have legalised medical marijuana the average is 30%

I just checked the averages for university degree attainmant in the US, the avareage is 27%

So you're more likely to smoke dope if you go to university?

In my day it was magic mushrooms.

Magic mushrooms are well under estimated, I reckon there should be much more research into the benefits of 'tripping'. A while ago I had so much serious stuff going on in and around my life I thought I'd be best to run away, me and my friend went to Amsterdam and got us some shrooms, had a great time, sorted my head right out and as if by magic... it enabled me to deal with all the stuff in a more rational way (I'm not discussing the stuff but it wasn't trivial in anyway). There have been a few studies done and I strongly believe there is more to tripping than meets the eyes, the shamans of today, the ancient civilisations of Egypt/China/South America, they knew.

So you're more likely to smoke dope if you go to university?

In my day it was magic mushrooms.

It's not the universities or students who legalised the sale of medical marijuana

I am pointing out that these states are generally the better educated, more socially aware and more worldly than the states which oppose this legislation

Archived