Decriminalise Drug Use, Say Experts After Six-Year Study

Amadeus

Prices here from yesterday's Guardian Highs prices

As of Wednesday, there are a number of marijuana recreational products available to anyone aged over 21 to buy in Colorado. State residents are limited to buying an ounce (28 grammes) at a time while non-residents can only buy a quarter of that amount.

Below are some of the options provided by licensed sellers (all prices are subject to an additional 21% sales tax).

• Pre-rolled joints, $10 each. A typical joint contains less than 1 gramme of marijuana.

• 1 oz Indica or Sativa buds: “best”, $179; “better”, $169; “good”, $159.

• Glass pipes: $15-$30.

• Marijuana-infused pomegranate “elixir” drink (75mg): $14.

• Marijuana spearmint dew drops (100mg): $20.

• Marijuana truffles (50mg): $10.

• Marijuana chai mints (100mg): $11.

• Marijuana massage oil (100mg): $14

• Marijuana pain relief lotion

(100mg): $18.

• Marijuana bath soak (100mg): $18

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of Wednesday, there are a number of marijuana recreational products available to anyone aged over 21 to buy in Colorado. State residents are limited to buying an ounce (28 grammes) at a time while non-residents can only buy a quarter of that amount.

Below are some of the options provided by licensed sellers (all prices are subject to an additional 21% sales tax).

• Pre-rolled joints, $10 each. A typical joint contains less than 1 gramme of marijuana.

Actually really quite expensive when you add the tax, they aren't going to rid the black market with those prices!

Actually really quite expensive when you add the tax, they aren't going to rid the black market with those prices!

According to the ubiquitous man in the pub, the prices on the ounce are considerably cheaper than local prices (£300-£400). He tell's me that because the price is so high, most of the local pot-heads smoke the ''knocked-up'' hashish, the composition of which could be anything.

Still illegal under Federal law.

According to the ubiquitous man in the pub, the prices on the ounce are considerably cheaper than local prices (£300-£400). He tell's me that because the price is so high, most of the local pot-heads smoke the ''knocked-up'' hashish, the composition of which could be anything.

£300-£400 that's ridiculous!

I would've thought it could be grown very cheapily and quickly if its being done legally, if it costs on average $5.56 for 20 cigarettes then even $5 a joint should be achieveable?

I would've thought it could be grown very cheapily and quickly if its being done legally, if it costs on average $5.56 for 20 cigarettes then even $5 a joint should be achieveable?

Average price for 20 fags is around £8 Sterling. What's with the $...?

It can be grown very cheaply, it's a weed after all.

• 2 weeks later...

Now what...?

Grow your own? Mate here in Switzerland did just that, was almost permanently stoned and at the same time was a great salesman. I'm not sure whether he knew what he was selling, but he did sell a shedload of my software.

I grew one plant here from birdseed, I think it was a male (not sure though) and obviously not the sort which gets you stoned. Easy to grow in decent ground and much sunlight, needs some TLC and the birds love the seeds.

Now what...?

Grow your own? Mate here in Switzerland did just that, was almost permanently stoned and at the same time was a great salesman. I'm not sure whether he knew what he was selling, but he did sell a shedload of my software.

I grew one plant here from birdseed, I think it was a male (not sure though) and obviously not the sort which gets you stoned. Easy to grow in decent ground and much sunlight, needs some TLC and the birds love the seeds.

I remember eating hemp soup in Engelberg once, at some posh hotel. First thought "Man, those Swiss are liberal!" until I realised it was just Nutzhanf and not the proper stuff.

I remember eating hemp soup in Engelberg once, at some posh hotel. First thought "Man, those Swiss are liberal!" until I realised it was just Nutzhanf and not the proper stuff.

There was a local beer with the stuff in it - it was OK, a bit dry, guess they were using it instead of hops. Here in my ski resort you smell quite a lot of the stuff where the snowboarders take a break, don't think anyone worries much. I have no idea about harder drugs - they must be in use, I just don't mix with that sort of person.

Far worse is the alcohol abuse by the younger snowboarders.

Have you ever noticed that bottles of Becks smell like skunk?

That'll probably be the variety of hops they use in the brew. Maybe you might try rolling one up and smoking it- you'd probably end-up glassy-eyed and smashed in the end....

Average price for 20 fags is around £8 Sterling. What's with the $...?

It can be grown very cheaply, it's a weed after all.

Google result showed the average pack of fags in Colorado to be $5.56.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/25/medical-marijuana-could-save-my-child?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

another one of the problems of banning "things" which have never been studied/analysed due to the efforts of one man backed by the booze,chemical,and timber/paper barons of the USA

http://www.ukcia.org/potculture/20/lies.html

http://www.ecphorizer.com/EPS/site_page.php?issue=83&page=1249

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_J._Anslinger

even the idiot Clegg has some sense,

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2014/02/09/clegg-makes-drug-reform-mainstream

Archived