Embarassing Or What?

murraymint

She also sang the theme to 'Lives and Loves of a she Devil'

I went to school with Christine and she had a damn good voice even then. I think that everyone who heard her knew she was special.

Lived in the Loch Hotel on the Prom as I remember.

The Dave Kelly Band has been around for many a year playing blues and country music. Ive seen them in The Smoke a couple of times. I believe he played in the Blues Band too.

I think Dave was one of the original members of the Blues Band, and hasn't quit, as far as I know. Christine and Dave played on Paul Jones' Radio 2 Programme the week before the gig. Christine was aware that the Blues Festival was on before she played, and she might well have had the opportunity to play there, but £2000 would have been to much for the festival to pay out, anyway.

Christine is a great ad for the island's musical culture, as are Harry Manx and Robin Nolan. I have a feeling Davey Knowles will be the next!

The popularity of the blues festival has become incredible. It has had only around £2000 of Government support over the years, I'm led to believe, (plus a lot of non-financial assistance from DTL and DOT), but the success has been down to enthusiastic volunteer input. Nobody organising the event has taken a bean from it, and the majority of people attending had a great time! The few problems that there were can surely be overcome. Who has constructive suggestions?

Archived