Plans For Massive New Estate In Peel

Addie

Propsals for another massive housing estate in Peel have been unveiled by Heritage Homes details here

So where are the Peel jobs to go with the increased population? Or perhaps the new western residents will all be hitting Quarterbridge to swell the numbers of out of town commuters?

Brilliant. <_<

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is all very well for Dandara to propose further development in Peel and may be market forces will provide buyers for these homes.

But what about low wage earners who can never afford their own homes? Why have we not got a radical local authority house building plan.

And ultimately the problem we have on this Island is that while the finance sector increasingly needs more employees the Manx Government is not supplying the infrastructure for all the new residents coming here.

The new hospital is too small, the roads are a cluttered mess, Dentists are like four leaved clover.

Not that Dan Tynan, owner of Dandara would care. He will just make more money.

One cannot knock him for that but for Christs sake Government needs to start governing.

Peel has taken enough of its share of building and further building will destroy the last bastion town of Manxness. I hope the Planning Committee knocks this on the head. Enough is enough.

And do not shed any tears for the fat cats in Athol Street, they will pack up and be gone tomorrow if some other little crooked junta offers them incentive and they will leave their staff here for the rest of us to support.

Over to Hazel Hannan, MHK for Peel, if she still remembers the folk who elected her!

But what about low wage earners who can never afford their own homes? Why have we not got a radical local authority house building plan.

Are you aware of a large number of homeless people? Why is a radical public housing plan required?

And ultimately the problem we have on this Island is that while the finance sector increasingly needs more employees the Manx Government is not supplying the infrastructure for all the new residents coming here.

Actually, the rate of unemployment is rising, and has been for the last year. More complete ill-advised and ill-thought out bollocks from you then, what a surprise.

The new hospital is too small, the roads are a cluttered mess, Dentists are like four leaved clover.

Are you aware of anyone who can't get a bed in the new hospital, or did you just make that up too, thicky?

Peel has taken enough of its share of building and further building will destroy the last bastion town of Manxness. I hope the Planning Committee knocks this on the head. Enough is enough.

In what way is peel the 'last bastion town of manxness'?

And do not shed any tears for the fat cats in Athol Street, they will pack up and be gone tomorrow if some other little crooked junta offers them incentive and they will leave their staff here for the rest of us to support.

The majority of athol street is advocates. They're privately owned by local partnerships and practice local law. How are they going to leave exactly?

Over to Hazel Hannan, MHK for Peel, if she still remembers the folk who elected her!

No, over to you to substantiate this utter drivel you sprout constantly.

Are you aware of a large number of homeless people? Why is a radical public housing plan required?

Actually, the rate of unemployment is rising, and has been for the last year. More complete ill-advised and ill-thought out bollocks from you then, what a surprise.

Are you aware of anyone who can't get a bed in the new hospital, or did you just make that up too, thicky?

In what way is peel the 'last bastion town of manxness'?

The majority of athol street is advocates. They're privately owned by local partnerships and practice local law. How are they going to leave exactly?

No, over to you to substantiate this utter drivel you sprout constantly.

I will ignore your insults and attempt to reply responsibly.

1 There are few homeless people but a lot of couples living with relatives. They need their own homes and earn too little to buy. They cannot afford the hovels provided by the greedy fatcat landlords.

2. Unemployment is not rising. I look at the figures supplied by the DTI.

3. Regarding hospital beds I am informed by colleagues in the health serrvice there is a shortage and the waiting list for NHS patients is growing.

4. Peel is regarded as the last town on the Isle of man for things Manx by the Manx.

5. Athol Street and its incumbents handle a lot of finance sector dealings and is not just the home of lawyers.

Perhaps you would be advised to consider the words of what I post and not just be annoyed by them because it is me.

Name calling looses the arguement Slim.

4. Peel is regarded as the last town on the Isle of man for things Manx by the Manx.

Says who? Are you now the 'voice of man'?

I seem to remember that YOU lost the last one.

1 There are few homeless people but a lot of couples living with relatives. They need their own homes and earn too little to buy. They cannot afford the hovels provided by the greedy fatcat landlords.

'a lot of couples'? Based on what? I don't know any, and I'm not exactly a hermit. All my mates, young(ish) married couples all have their own gaff.

2. Unemployment is not rising. I look at the figures supplied by the DTI.

I have: Treasury 2005 employment which shows a .5% increase in unemployement the last year.

I actually bothered to check the facts, because I'm not a dimwit who just makes stuff up while ranting his self deluded nonsense on an internet forum.

3. Regarding hospital beds I am informed by colleagues in the health serrvice there is a shortage and the waiting list for NHS patients is growing.

Are these the same people who told you the unemployment figures were dropping? I dont see any reference to problems with nhs waiting lists, yet when there's been dentist problems, more dentists have been employed.

I'm manx. I think my town is manx. What on earth are you on about?

5. Athol Street and its incumbents handle a lot of finance sector dealings and is not just the home of lawyers.

If you're bitching about offshore companies, you're talking life companies, asset managers, private banks, trust companies. Most of them aren't on athol street, they're on onchan head, or braddan, or castletown. Check who's actually on athol street these days.

Perhaps you would be advised to consider the words of what I post and not just be annoyed by them because it is me.

Er, I've replied to everything you've said, hows that because it's you? If you'd take the time to substanciate your bull rather than just make stuff up and go off on a rant I'd not have a go. You don't live in peel, you've got no reason to object to these houses, and you're ranting about the NHS? What on earth are you on?

What on earth are you on?

I am on Earth Slim. A planet where Government should care for all and not just property owners like you.

I have rowed with you before and will not further. I have made my point.

I leave your trolls to castigate me, but rest assured that many that do not post for fear of your insults will agree with me.

I speak for people, not bricks and mortar, or a healthy bank account.

And I retract nothing from my former posts and stress I am not answerable to you or your trolls whether members or moderators.

have a nice day :D

I have made my point.

Really? Honestly, I must have missed it.

Oh, and someone having a different POV than you, or even having the temerity to ask for some facts to back up your posts, doesn't make them trolls.

But, I'm sure you are out with your band of merry men, robbing the rich to give to the poor.....or something like that.

I speak for people,
You speak for yourself, exactly as I or any other poster do. Please, don't pretend to be something you are, most clearly, not.

I am on Earth Slim. A planet where Government should care for all and not just property owners like you.

I rent the house I live in. Do you own your house?

I have rowed with you before and will not further. I have made my point.

I leave your trolls to castigate me, but rest assured that many that do not post for fear of your insults will agree with me.

I speak for people, not bricks and mortar, or a healthy bank account.

You did make your point, and it was incorrect. Amusing how you've been proved wrong and get prissy because there's nothing else you can dream up to defend your position. You're clueless mate, engage your brain before you post and perhaps you'll get less grief of me and others.

Archived