Plans For Massive New Estate In Peel

Addie

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you'll find there's more than just Slim who doesn't like vader.

We all draw secret lots to see who's turn it is to bait, humiliate and goad him. Slim won the May competition.

Please excuse my ignorance here ..but what is it with Slim and Vader ?

Does Slim just not like Vader ? .. or is it a running joke between them ?

Again apologies for my ignorance

I'm the bullcrap police :)

Nothing against Vader personally, I've never met him or anything. I do object to his self righteous soap boxing, especially when most of it isn't particularly well thought out or even factually correct.

I think you'll find there's more than just Slim who doesn't like vader.

We all draw secret lots to see who's turn it is to bait, humiliate and goad him. Slim won the May competition.

Wow it is so great to be famous or infamous! :D

I aint got nothing against Slim either. We just clash.

Gives everyone a good read, including the wookie! :D

Ha ha ha

Nothing against Vader personally, I've never met him or anything. I do object to his self righteous soap boxing, especially when most of it isn't particularly well thought out or even factually correct.

sounds like you are describing peter Karren

sounds like you are describing peter Karren

So speaks Neds trained muppet.

Anyway, back on thread. I think HH are going to try their dammedest over the next year or so to get homes built due to the possible fall in house prices. Get em up, get em sold, get the hell outta here.

As for building more out Peel, why not? When the option was to build up Jurby the cry was, " Oh no, not up Jurby. That's to far away from my Douglas job for me. And what would we do at the weekend? "

We live on a small Island for christsake.

The option for cheaper houses was there but some people were to vain to take it, imo.

Well the reason they want to build there is pure greed.

A guy i was chatting to did work for them a while back and he said they sell what they can and rent out the rest, so when you see all these people moving into these new developments some of them are only renting.

What we need is a balanced system where each town has a limit to how many properties is needed that way it will not be grid lock in certian towns i bet peel is getting bad for traffic now.

We all know the property market is sunk and it will stay that way for atleast another 5 to 10 years, it is complete madness why anyone would buy a house now.

I don't know anyone who has purchased a house in the last 2 years, you need to be earning £45.000 to £50.000 a year to be able to get a house, anyone on that a year i would say 60% of the isle of man aint.

What we need is a balanced system where each town has a limit to how many properties is needed that way it will not be grid lock in certian towns i bet peel is getting bad for traffic now.

Gridlock is hundreds of cars going nowhere fast. Not 5 cars stuck on at a junction in Peel for a minute or 2 whilst someone tries to pull out.

I think I can safely say that no matter how many houses are built in Peel it will NEVER suffer from gridlock

We all know the property market is sunk and it will stay that way for atleast another 5 to 10 years, it is complete madness why anyone would buy a house now.

Because you need one.

I don't know anyone who has purchased a house in the last 2 years, you need to be earning £45.000 to £50.000 a year to be able to get a house, anyone on that a year i would say 60% of the isle of man aint.

Rot, just take a visit to the general registry, houses are selling, it's just slower at the moment. People still need houses.

Archived