North Korea Get It Up!

ScotsAlan

It was interesting to note that even the Chinese officials have condemned the rocket launch although apparently one Chinese broadcaster supported the launch.

What is released in the media to the international community and what is policy behind closed doors are usually two different things.

.......... The Chinese see North Korea as a pain in the ass because the country rubs Japan and USA up the wrong way.

Nah.

China are more than capable of doing their own rubbing up: especially against the Japanese.

http://europe.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2012-12/12/content_16007999.htm

I don't think China really care about North Korea's rocket. They probably describe it as "regretfull" because they know they will be landed in the middle of negotiations when they already have their own local disputes to deal with.

Also, the international sanctions that will soon follow will lumber China with even more of a headache to deal with.

It was interesting to note that even the Chinese officials have condemned the rocket launch although apparently one Chinese broadcaster supported the launch.

What is released in the media to the international community and what is policy behind closed doors are usually two different things.

I thought this too Lxxx.

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors. My suspicion is that someone somewhere probably suggested a safe orbit to the North Koreans. Something along the lines of " I say chaps, if you really insist on putting your thing into orbit, could you try to put it at co-ordinates x,y,z: so it does not bump into one of our things?"

Yup.

If it's in that paper it has to be true.

Erm....... if it is tumbling out of control, then well done NK for putting something into space that defies the laws of physics.

A wee puff here and a wee puff there will soon move things out of the way if required.

Their object may be a bit of space junk, But it joins the thousands of tons of junk already up there.

Personally, I hope it is tumbling out of control towards a Murdoch capital investment. If it knocks a few of them out it will improve the quality of life for millions of people world wide :-)

Archived