Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School

HeliX

I don't think it is reasonable for the general public to have access to firearms and note that the IOM is the only place in the British Isles where this is now possible.

How is this possible?

You need a licence in the IOM even for an air rifle which in the UK you don't, same with bb guns.

No you don't.

Anything in black and white?

I thought BB guns came under the regulated weapons act, hence why I haven't seen one in any shops for yonks?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think it is reasonable for the general public to have access to firearms and note that the IOM is the only place in the British Isles where this is now possible.

How is this possible?

You need a licence in the IOM even for an air rifle which in the UK you don't, same with bb guns.

No you don't.

Anything in black and white?

I thought BB guns came under the regulated weapons act, hence why I haven't seen one in any shops for yonks?

You have to be a registered member of an Airsoft site (as in club location, not web site) before they will send one through the post.

You can still buy BB guns (not decent Airsoft types mind you) from Extreme in Douglas, but they are single spring plinker junk.

You can still buy BB guns (not decent Airsoft types mind you) from Extreme in Douglas, but they are single spring plinker junk.

So is it anything that uses Co2 you need a licence for? Its not something I've looked into recently but I was told by an (off duty) copper that anything air powered you needed a licence for.

So is it anything that uses Co2 you need a licence for? Its not something I've looked into recently but I was told by an (off duty) copper that anything air powered you needed a licence for.

Depends which ones your talking about, "BB guns" can mean .177 (4.5mm) metallic or 6mm plastic, the former are technically air rifles or air pistols and need a license due to their greater ability to cause injury.

Depends which ones your talking about, "BB guns" can mean .177 (4.5mm) metallic or 6mm plastic, the former are technically air rifles or air pistols and need a license due to their greater ability to cause injury.

When I refer to BB guns, I mean Airsoft rifles such as made by Tokyo Mauri and ICS. I believe that BB guns are not covered by the firearms legislation because they fall under the limit for PSI.

You have to be a registered member of an Airsoft site (as in club location, not web site) before they will send one through the post.

The registering with a site malarkey is part of the UK VCRA and sensibly doesn't apply over here. They are considered "imitation firearms" on the Isle of Man.

http://www.gov.im/dh....xml#imitations

http://www.gov.im/li...bbgunnotice.pdf

TL:DR - Don't cock around with one in public

side-note C02 powered airsoft weapons are perfectly fine as long as they are under a certain power (appx 350fps), they tend to be used as they are more reliable in cold weather.

What a funny country America is...

A land where it is possible for a civillian to leagally own a .50BMG rifle, but Kinder Suprise Eggs are illegal....

Oh and gay marriage is frowned upon, but Beastiality is legal in 23 states...

Americaa has really gone to the dogs then.

Archived