Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School

HeliX

I meant to reply to your valid comments but MDO has been making it difficult lol.

MDO and I have both been asking you the same valid question.

Why do you consider private firearm ownership acceptable?

I wonder why he won't answer the question....despite being asked on several occasions by two different people?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MDO's toy guns get people shot when they are mistaken for the real thing. Best ban those to but I'm sure he wouldn't be happy, as he does not misuse them (presumably).

If you are stupid enough to wave a replica firearm around in public and then continue to wave it around when the armed response team turns up....you deserve whats coming to you.

Ban Alcohol? Perhaps.

Yes, it causes a lot of death and destruction. That is our cultural quirk.

But it damages me. Not a class of kids.

Cars, motorbikes, trains, planes, booze, whippets....... ban them all.

But ban guns first. They are engineered to kill. They are designed to do it.

How can you possibly suggest we are a civilised society when we manufacture products designed for the sole porpose of killing?

Are you saying kids are only ever killed by firearms?. Here is 50 children killed in a bus FFS.

http://www.guardian....-kills-children

They were originally designed to protect, we'd be speaking German if it wasn't for them. Today they are made for sport, competition, hunting (animals), pest control. They were not made for shooting children, that is simply absurd.

Are you saying kids are only ever killed by firearms?. Here is 50 children killed in a bus FFS.

http://www.guardian....-kills-children

They were originally designed to protect, we'd be speaking German if it wasn't for them. Today they are made for sport, competition, hunting (animals), pest control. They were not made for shooting children, that is simply absurd.

"They were originally designed to protect" well actually all a firearm can do is kill, maim or injure. That is its sole purpose and desgin purpose

Mostly irreverent or poor comparisons, but cannabis, cocaine, LSD and all the other prohibited drugs are banned and are you going to tell me they they no longer exist?. Fox hunting still exists, that is one of the most laughable bans in existence because they can't police it.

You made the generalisation. Banning doesn't remove something from existance, but it does reduce the use. When's the last time you saw someone smoke in a pub?

So what would you do with America MDO?. Your awfully full of yourself (with a fair bit of shite) for someone can't put forward an idea.

Alan has already given you a perfectly good example of how you can't ban objects being used as weapons that are so widely held and available. But no doubt this will be your idea of a way forward. The only achievement will be you making yourself feel better 'you, did something'.

They were originally designed to protect, we'd be speaking German if it wasn't for them

Hah. Protect is a funny word to use in place of "kill people". Kevlar is made to protect.

So you can defeat an enemy with body armor?. They were designed to protect through the use of deadly force.

They were originally designed to protect, we'd be speaking German if it wasn't for them

Hah. Protect is a funny word to use in place of "kill people". Kevlar is made to protect.

So you can defeat an enemy with body armor?. They were designed to protect through the use of deadly force.

"Protect" doesn't imply "defeat an enemy".

Like I said, the word you were looking for was "kill".

I had hoped the reference to Germany would have conveyed that message strongly enough. Weapons were developed to protect. You can hate on these inventions all you want but you have them to thank for your freedom.

I had hoped the reference to Germany would have conveyed that message strongly enough. Weapons were developed to protect. You can hate on these inventions all you want but you have them to thank for your freedom.

So the weapons the Germans were using, they were there to protect too?

Weapons were designed to kill, maim and defeat an enemy force. It just so happens that if the "defenders" have them too, they're used to defend.

Yes that's what they believed, and we declared war.

Correct.

The implication made originally was that they were somehow evilly designed to kill innocent people for no reason. So unless you agree with that then why are you arguing with me.

Yes that's what they believed, and we declared war.

Correct.

The implication made originally was that they were somehow evilly designed to kill innocent people for no reason. So unless you agree with that then why are you arguing with me.

I'm arguing with you because you said they were designed to protect. Which they're not.

Also, this is mostly irrelevant. For army use I'm not fussed about guns. Sure as hell doesn't explain why the average joe has them. The last thing I want someone of "average" intelligence to have access to is a gun.

Archived