Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School

HeliX

Some bright spark congressman has come forward saying, that if the head mistress of the school had a rifle in her office, she could have ended the incident before any lose of life could take place.

I can just see the recruiting advert now...

Minimum degree in education needed, experience with child, ability to strip an M-4 in under 60 seconds and maintain a 3cm grouping at 150m.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its difficult to see why large quantities of money, VIPs, and celebrities deserve armed security but hundreds of school children don't.

They need a Mike Jones, security officer in every school, it sure changes the odds.

I know where you are coming from but is it not a sad state of affairs where innocent children need armed security.

absolutely right , and isn't it sad that 168 children have been killed in 'drone' attacks, to date, in Pakistan (according to a report in the "Telegraph")?

absolutely right , and isn't it sad that 168 children have been killed in 'drone' attacks, to date, in Pakistan (according to a report in the "Telegraph")?

Yes it is but going off topic somewhat....

If those Children had an armed guard it would make no difference would it?

exactly

Some bright spark congressman has come forward saying, that if the head mistress of the school had a rifle in her office, she could have ended the incident before any lose of life could take place.

Minimum degree in education needed, experience with child, ability to strip an M-4 in under 60 seconds and maintain a 3cm grouping at 150m.

There was an interview with some American politician (I think) on R4 Sunday morning -

Interviewer: "What do you think you can do to help prevent this sort of thing?"

Interviewee: "Well, we could consider arming teachers"

There was an interview with some American politician (I think) on R4 Sunday morning -

Great, so if they did arm the teachers who will these nutters target first?

Great, so if they did arm the teachers who will these nutters target first?

Indeed. Remove the threats first, i.e. kill teachers as they may be armed. Of course, its not like Mrs Timmins, the 52 year old history teacher is going to be walking the halls packing her Mossburg. And I'm reasonable certain teachers didnt sign up to be armed guards.

Take guns off the populace and the only ones left with them are coppers and criminals. Hmmm....

Indeed. Makes it easier to tell who the bad guys are. Much harder to do if everyone is walking around with a gun.

What happens if the government become the bad guys? Just a thought. Stalin took weapons off the populace then killed 20m or so. Mao did the same and knocked off 40m. Hitler wasn't too keen on his subjects being armed before he put his plans into place either. All not too long ago....

Take guns off the populace and the only ones left with them are coppers and criminals. Hmmm....

Indeed. Makes it easier to tell who the bad guys are. Much harder to do if everyone is walking around with a gun.

What happens if the government become the bad guys? Just a thought. Stalin took weapons off the populace then killed 20m or so. Mao did the same and knocked off 40m. Hitler wasn't too keen on his subjects being armed before he put his plans into place either. All not too long ago....

Well said, governments are rarely the good guys.

A little birdy told me Ian Brady and Derek Bird were trained to kill while in the armed forces but you dont get told that by your lamestream media.

People when left to their own devices do not tend to kill their fellow man, it is unnatural. So when somebody tells you the heavily armed lone nutter story think bullshit, then when they say disarm the nutters, think dangerous bullshit.

I know lots of nutters and they tend to fuck off to Amsterdam and get blitzed when things get too much or become best friends with Johnny Walker not open fire on some irrelevent kids.

Archived