Airport Crisis

Darth Vader

Some Liverpool/Isle of Man flights over the last few days have been cancelled with passengers stranded, after Denim Air mysteriously pulled out of a contractual arrangement with EuroManx to handle their flights.

Passengers have been stranded at Liverpool and Ronaldsway suffering delays while Euromanx endeavoured to replace aircraft.

Ronaldsway Airport officials are tightlipped over this crisis as it may highlight the weakness of the Manx Government’s “Open Skies” policy since Manx Airlines was bought out by British Airways.

EuroManx has now contracted an airline company called Scott Air to replace Denim. But even today passengers were allegedly stranded, while EuroManx desperately attempted to get aircraft to fulfil their schedule obligations.

The local media has been informed and mysteriously have not reported these events.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but EuroManx don't actually own any planes, so if Denim don't rent them out to them they'll just have to get them from somewhere else (Scott Air).

A couple of flights cancelled. Not huge news, just an inconvenience. But carry on with the conspiracy theories.

A couple of flights cancelled. Not huge news, just an inconvenience. But carry on with the conspiracy theories.

A complete silence from the authorities is not a conspiracy theory but just another example of a cover up.

What has been posted is true.

I planned to take the 1045 dep from Liverpool on Monday and found it had been cancelled. The 1245 was full so that meant the next available flight was 1700. This aircraft was a BAe 146 jet, 6 abreast configuration and had 35 passengers on board. The jet itself was run by Flightline and has a capacity of 96.

Some one has got capacities and planning very wrong. Each passenger who had to wait was given either £5 or £10 in vouchers to spend on refreshments (depending on length on wait).

A few weeks back on a Monday morning Euromanx had 747 (i think) with 10 passengers on board for the Manchester route.

I now notice that the prices on the Liverpool route are £95 for a return flight in July (15th -24th).

For a reservation so far in advance that is quite rediculous.

My point is that with bad planning and charterd aircraft so ill-suited to the scheduling / capacity required - its evident to se there are cash problems and revenue needs to be increased.

That'll be the end of "low fares" then........

Why not "just" fly a big plane twice a day - morning and evening - and then have your computers ammend the fares until you fill it.......

his is only speculation but this is the bad world of business so anything is possible.

What do you think?

Well it seems you can't trust anybody these days.

You'll have to expand on "complete silence from the authorities".

Which authorities?  Are they refusing to comment?

If you read the thread it adds up.

So, by "authorities" you mean Government? Isn't Euromanx a private company? Why would the Government be commenting on a couple of cancelled flights?

Archived