Airport Crisis

Darth Vader

By my understanding, Euro Manx had an input of $40,000,000 and the 146's with their livery are their own.

I'm sure that Bret Turner would be pleased to discuss any queries with their service. My own personal thoughts are that they're trying very hard to offer a service for the island and will try anything to ensure that their passengers feel safe and get the service that they deserve.

I'm pretty keen to knock a bad service but when you have something that is trying to please everybody at the same time, I think that you should give them a chance.

It cost Euro Manx something in the region of £500,000 to get the slot at London City and they had several problems with the delivery of their first planes. This was only admin problems with the authority and security services and in time this has been resolved.

I don't think that I have seen any airline establish a hold so fast as Euro Manx and whislt I have no personal involvement with them, I wish them the best of luck.

Stav.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few weeks back on a Monday morning Euromanx had 747 (i think) with 10 passengers on board for the Manchester route.

A Boeing 747 "Jumbo" coming to Ronaldsway International? That'be bigger news than Euromanx being in trouble - remember a picture of a chartered 737/757 (?) landing here (that was posted on the old MF if I remember it right) - that was chartered by a company here and the biggest commercial plane ever to land on the IOM to my knowledge (anyone still got the pic?) Them Pilots must have had some cohones...

Just trying to imagine the conversation in the cockpit of that 747: "Flaps 30 degree, gear out, touching down, reduce thrust, brake...brake!...BRAKE!!!!..... :)

As to Euromanx: Just fly BA - they're hardly ever on time (due to the incoming aircraft - there must be a manual with excuses to be used under company policy...), but at least you'll get there in the end without any conspiracy theory being necessary...

lfc84: No offence, but if the plane in question had four jet-engines, then it was probably a BA 146 - if it had propellers, it wasn't a Boeing...

By my understanding, Euro Manx had an input of $40,000,000 and the 146's with their livery are their own.

Air Malta press release: ULL14 have wet leased two ex AzzurraAir RJ70`s from Air Malta. The aircraft are being leased to Euromanx for operations between I.O.M. and various UK destinations. The aircraft will be delivered by end of Feb and beginning of March 2005.

they did have a website cock-up yesterday where stansted flights were £319 return 6 weeks in advance.

I booked this return flight 2 weeks ago and it was £85. Last night it was £319 but we rang reservations and they sorted it although it wasn't as cheap as my £85

A few weeks back on a Monday morning Euromanx had 747 (i think) with 10 passengers on board for the Manchester route.

lfc84: No offence, but if the plane in question had four jet-engines, then it was probably a BA 146 - if it had propellers, it wasn't a Boeing...

The plane on the Manchester route some weeks back was a MD83.

The plane that was used on Monday from Liverpool was Flightline BAe 146-200.

I find that when doing a day trip to Liverpool Emerald is far cheaper. But it's worth trying Euromanx when you're planning a few days away - sometimes you can get lower fares than Emerald.

Plus you get grapefruit juice on Euromanx. It's always a bonus.

A Boeing 747 "Jumbo" coming to Ronaldsway International? That'be bigger news than Euromanx being in trouble - remember a picture of a chartered 737/757 (?) landing here (that was posted on the old MF if I remember it right) - that was chartered by a company here and the biggest commercial plane ever to land on the IOM to my knowledge (anyone still got the pic?) Them Pilots must have had some cohones...

Just trying to imagine the conversation in the cockpit of that 747: "Flaps 30 degree, gear out, touching down, reduce thrust, brake...brake!...BRAKE!!!!..... :)

As to Euromanx: Just fly BA - they're hardly ever on time (due to the incoming aircraft - there must be a manual with excuses to be used under company policy...), but at least you'll get there in the end without any conspiracy theory being necessary...

On Sunday 8th May, a 217 seater Airbus A321 came (empty ) to the IOM from Oslo to take about 130 passengers on their direct flight to Verona, Italy. It left Ronaldsway at 0900 (on time!!) and landed in Verona 2 hours later (15 minutes early). The plane was on charter from My Travel. Staff at the airport said it was the largest aircraft they had handled.

Euromanx are going from strength to strength regarding passenger numbers and now hold the lion's share of airport business. Euromanx do however have serious operational difficulties owing mainly due to its rapid expansion, not due to a lack of finances although getting paid of them takes ages, again due to the work load in their accounts dept.

The two Avro RJ's with Euromanx livery have arrived but as yet they have not got full crews to operate them. You might have noticed them flying circuits of the airport late in the evening recently, this is the new pilots doing their line checks. Soon these planes will be joined by two Dash-8's and three Dornier 328's to complement the fleet.

In the meanwhile Euromanx continue to use the services of Highland Air (not Scott air), FarnAir, Air Atlantique, Woodgate Aviation and Flightline. These companies are contracted to Euromanx in a similar way to Denim Air was and Ross Air before them. When Ross Air left the island they quickly went bust but I believe that Denim Air fell out of favor with Euromanx when their contract expired and Denim asked for more money to stay on in the Isle of Man. At this time of the year Denim can make far more money operating in Europe than they could on the deal they had with Euromanx through the winter months, so no surprise they left.

The bosses at Euromanx have made a very large commitment to the island and make it quite clear that they are here for the long term. They are pressing hard to get everything in place so that their operation can work efficiently but it's just going to take a bit longer than they hoped for.

Bad news coming from British Airways CitiXpress however. The engineering base and its operations to Manchester, Gatwick and Luton will finish later this year, expected to be end of September. Eastern Airways will continue to operate the Gatwick route but does not wish to continue BA's flights to and from Manchester.

Emerald Airways are holding on for the time being but have remained very quiet about rumors that they are having problems.

Archived