Airport Crisis

Darth Vader

today Eurotrash nearly got a parking ticket for abandoning two 146 jets on the apron.

Wouldn't worry about it - they were probably "airfield controllers" and not "airfield wardens", so you wouldn't have to pay the ticket anyway...

And don't insult Eurotrash - I love that show! (even if they take the pi** out of the Germans all the time..) :rolleyes:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BA Citiexpress has just invested in a new Engineering Hangar in conjunction with the IOM Government and has always been keen to see the engineering side grow.

They also have a plan to upgrade all of there computer equipment so i cant imagine why they would consider pulling out of the island after just investing in it's employees.

Maybe the rumour merchants know something we dont and can fill us all in!!!!

I guess these rumours are all intended to drive customers to another Airline on the Island.

I wonder what the next rumour will be........ A380 lands on the Island!!!

BA recently closed their engineering base in Glasgow and made everyone redundant. The Embraer 145 passenger jet that is maintained here in the Isle of Man operates out of Bristol airport where, they have an engineering base. The only reason for an engineering base in the Isle of Man (where the 145 does not operate) appears to be because of assistance from the Manx Government.

When BA discontinued flying the ATP we had those planes sitting around Ronaldsway for months before being sold off. Also some of the end of lease 145's have been laid up before going back to the company. Euromanx have hardly had their Avro's five minutes and people have suddenly started noticing that they don't fly so often. This will hardly be the case from today as Euromanx start flying Galway to Paris and Isle of Man to Paris from next week.

By the way. You don't need binoculars to see what’s going on around you. Just open your eyes occasionally!

Oh, and I won't have anything bad said about the Euromanx cabin crew, they are lurrvely ;)

Vader why do you hate Euromanx?  Is it because they wouldn't give you that cabin crew job?

Oh, what a shame! Ah, well, back to the Death Star, eh? :)

Ok, back to the death star! If I request to land at Ronaldsway can I have unlimited credit on my landing fees?

Do you think Euromanx would service the death star? ......oh no, they contract that out don't they? I need a new crew for my death star as my present compliment are exhausted. Oh dear, Euromanx cannot help me there either. Oh well I could always approach the construction industry for tips on sub, sub, sub, contracting etc :D

Sarah I never got the cabin crew job because they said I was more machine than man ;)

Ha ha ha

• 1 month later...
I planned to take the 1045 dep from Liverpool on Monday and found it had been cancelled.  The 1245 was full so that meant the next available flight was 1700.  This aircraft was a BAe 146 jet, 6 abreast configuration and had 35 passengers on board.  The jet itself was run by Flightline and has a capacity of 96.

Some one has got capacities and planning very wrong.  Each passenger who had to wait was given either £5 or £10 in vouchers to spend on refreshments (depending on length on wait).

A few weeks back on a Monday morning Euromanx had 747 (i think) with 10 passengers on board for the Manchester route.

I now notice that the prices on the Liverpool route are £95 for a return flight in July (15th -24th).

For a reservation so far in advance that is quite rediculous. 

My point is that with bad planning and charterd aircraft so ill-suited to the scheduling / capacity required - its evident to se there are cash problems and revenue needs to be increased.

That'll be the end of "low fares" then........

Why not "just" fly a big plane twice a day - morning and evening - and then have your computers ammend the fares until you fill it.......

• 6 months later...

Archived