Pinewood...more Govt Propaganda

Albert Tatlock

The un-soundproof studio is at Ramsey where you could hear the seagulls on the roof.

At the time the Govt were so desperate to see it built that there appeared to be very little control with regard to the grant they were handing out so even if it was meant to be sound proof the Govt would probably have coughed up the cash as long as something was built even if it did not meet the specifications

What was the value of the grant given, and under what scheme?

Hansard 2002

Mr Karran: The amendment I have moved today should answer straightforward questions regarding a major and expensive project involving three-quarters of a million pounds worth of taxpayers’ money. The ministers past and present might think it is an unimportant matter in which the manner a company involved in the film studio project is managed, but with so much public money at stake I believe the taxpayers have a right to know. Questions need to be answered and the solution is in the outline of my amendment.

Edited by FACT

Hansard 2002

Mr Karran: The amendment I have moved today should answer straightforward questions regarding a major and expensive project involving three-quarters of a million pounds worth of taxpayers’ money. The ministers past and present might think it is an unimportant matter in which the manner a company involved in the film studio project is managed, but with so much public money at stake I believe the taxpayers have a right to know. Questions need to be answered and the solution is in the outline of my amendment.

and under which support scheme?

However much we'd probably like to be a key player in the movie business, our location will usually work against us. Unless there's a financial advantage, why would a producer choose the added expense and inconvenience of filming here rather than in Wales (or England or Scotland) - only a couple of hours from post production facilities in Wardour Street and an evening with the luvvies and movers and shakers.

• Like 2