Gang Rape And Murder In India

Aquarius

It's disturbing to see a serious thread such as this one degenerating into the usual witless shit.

This ought to be a discussion about a disgustingly mysoginistic society where a female is expected to suffer in silence when males

grope, abuse or rape her. It should be about the fact that its a country to which a great deal of UK jobs have been 'outsourced' and which has benefitted from a considerable amount of overseas aid. It's about a country which has the ability to produce nuclear weapons, yet

condones sexist attitudes that were barely tolerable in Victorian times.

Its about a young woman - accompanied by her partner - who was brutally attacked, assaulted, raped and mudered by a bunch of thugs who were probably brought up to believe that such

behaviour was acceptable because men were so superior to women.

It is a story of a very sick society and an extremely violent incident which, in my opinion, should be left well alone by those who wish to

practice their boringly banal attempts at witticisms.

I started this thread with the hope of initiating a discussion as to how and why these things happen. I am shocked and upset about it - can't understand how people can do these things to each other.

What surprises me is the general lack of response! Do people not care enough to say anything? If this happened here I am damn sure there would be plenty said.

Therefore, I thank you for your input.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived