Les Rythmes Digitales

Minxie

I really liked the tune from the latest Citroen C4 advert (the one where the car comes to life like a transformer and starts dancing). I found out the tune is called Jacques Your Body (Make Me Sweat) by Les Rythmes Digitales. I've now got the album Darkdancer and think it's really good - 80's electro funk. Just wondered if anybody else has heard it and what you think of it. You can listen to samples on Amazon

Just in case you haven't seen the advert :

I don't know how I managed to accidentally make 3 topics the same, perhaps it was when I was adding the attachment, so perhaps some nice moderator could delete the other two thanks :blush:

Les Rythmes Digitales is a guy called Stuart Price, who's doing loads of remixes of stuff at the moment.

He records under loads of different names, some of which are Jacques Lu Cont, Man With Guitar, Paper Faces, Pour Homme, Stuart Price & Thin White Duke.

I like the stuff he's doing at the moment as Thin White Duke, his remix of The Killers " Mr Brightside " is fantastic.

there's some more info on him and a list of some of his stuff here

cam

Thanks Ans, I was trying to attach the C4 advert but it doesn't matter - I'm sure most ppl have probably seen it anyway.

I like the stuff he's doing at the moment as Thin White Duke, his remix of The Killers " Mr Brightside " is fantastic.

Wasn't David Bowie the Thin White Duke?

Edited to add: Cam what is your Avatar picture?

I'm not sure about David Bowie, he had some name similar to that.

my avatar is the Leftfield "Leftism" album sleeve, my other avatars keep going pearshaped for some reason. Here's a bigger version :

leftfield_leftism.jpg

Thin White Duke, his remix of The Killers " Mr Brightside " is fantastic.

Thankyou, i had that remix knocking around on the pc but no idea who it was. Just downloaded that version and it's the same one. I agree, it is excellent.

jaques le cont on fabric live is brilliant - a little taste of what he was like with les rythmes....

saw him at brighton a few years ago, he was with a sexy french bird and they rocked the effin house, absolutly brilliant....... i'm a devout follower, funky as ya like

had lost dark dancer a few years ago but hmv had it in for £8.99, bargain well had. if you can see them live then i would definately say they were well worth it, don't know if they perform in uk anymore :(

Archived