Lead Poisoning A Cause Of Violent Crime?

Amadeus

Could this be true or is it semi-scientific tinfoil hat writing?

Yes, lead poisoning could really be a cause of violent crime

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jan/07/violent-crime-lead-poisoning-british-export

At first it seemed preposterous. The hypothesis was so exotic that I laughed. The rise and fall of violent crime during the second half of the 20th century and first years of the 21st were caused, it proposed, not by changes in policing or imprisonment, single parenthood, recession, crack cocaine or the legalisation of abortion, but mainly by … lead.

I don't mean bullets. The crime waves that afflicted many parts of the world and then, against all predictions, collapsed, were ascribed, in an article published by Mother Jones last week, to the rise and fall in the use of lead-based paint and leaded petrol.

Strangely enough (or maybe not) the doc sent me for a blood test for lead levels only this morning. What is he trying to say?

I don't think he's/she's trying to say anything, he actually said it......"go to Nobles for Lead level blood tests".............................seriously though......................................

Have you been violent lately? Has he/she ran out of pencils? Has the price of scrap lead gone through the roof and he/she sees £ signs?

Archived