Calm Down Dear - It's Only An Obituary

Amadeus

RIP rude pompous arse

I thought that to start with, and I probably still do, but it struck me that a lot of what he did was designed to elicit exactly that response from the audience. I wonder what he would have thought of Tan Roagan back in the day...

RIP rude pompous arse

Perfectly true - but he was a genuine 'character' in a world that is becoming increasingly mundane. For that reason he, and others - like Patrick Moore - will be missed.

Patrick Moore, who I never met, was someone I warmed to . He was clever, modest and kind (a most underestimated quality in my view) and a "character" and will be missed (by me). I cannot , in all honestly say I will miss Mr Winner. I have no doubt some will miss him and they have my sympathies.

I remember seeing him on his TV show not too long ago, where he was invited into people's homes to eat and comment on their food. He turned out to be an amusing and charming man and there seemed a lot more to him than his rude bit.

"I am a totally insane film director, writer, producer, silk-shirt cleaner, bad tempered, totally ridiculous example of humanity in deep shit." Profile on his Twitter account.

Archived