Ladbrokes Poker - Online

inspector

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I signed up last night, never really played online poker tend to stick to playing real poker. Any tips for a newbie?

At the minute it's all looking a bit confusing, i tried to get into one of the free games but there's a queue of 10-15 people. Haven't really got the time to wait but i don't fancy going straight into a money game before i know what the deal is with the software and stuff.

I'll see whats going on tonight, if i'm around i'll try and get on and would play for money if that's what everyone wants (preferably small amounts until i get used to it...oh and because i'm a poor student :P)

Ean, still got your SA membership? Go read the PITR subforum. Tons of useful information.

Also, you can jump on any ring game with play money whenever you want. There are hundreds of places to play.

I`ve noticed that you have to get on the table fairly early on - after 8.30 and its a struggle to get a seat.

If we are looking at "play money", they give you £2k to start but with the option to increase/decrease, you can pretty well suit yourself.

I guess £2k is good to give everyone a feel.

I signed up last night, never really played online poker tend to stick to playing real poker. Any tips for a newbie?

Yes. Only play players called 'slim'. Bet really hard on non-picture cards, the lower the better, and if all your suits are different.

At the minute it's all looking a bit confusing, i tried to get into one of the free games but there's a queue of 10-15 people. Haven't really got the time to wait but i don't fancy going straight into a money game before i know what the deal is with the software and stuff.

For free games, just try another site. I used to play free texas holdem on Yahoo, it's quite a good client. Free's very dull though.

Free is dull, but pretty essential if you're new. No point blowing your whole bankroll inside 10 minutes on some pro ring game.

Once you've learned the basics though, and you start to get frustrated by people calling your all ins with wired jacks with a higher face card and low kicker and then outdrawing and busting you, it's time to start playing for real. People are much less cavalier about their real money. That's when the tards who flat call everything are found out.

For free games, just try another site

Yeah, i've played on yahoo before and like you got bored with people making stupid bets etc. You'd get a good table on there every so often where people bet as if it was real money but that was unbelievably rare. I've only really played poker online for money once or twice on betfair before so I'd like a bit of time to get used to it all. Online is so much different to real poker so I was looking at joining the free games on Ladbrokes just to get a feel for the interface and what was going on in the game. Just get used to the feel of things. At least i know not to play people called Slim on there now :P

You get daft betting on all free tables really. And very cheap tables too.

I tend to do sit-n-go tournies more than anything else. A full table will last an hour or so, and only costs a few quid and will bring enough prize money that people play properly.

I prefer the PartyPoker/FullTilt stuff for play money but I like the Pokerroom client the best but it's crap for real money games so I just screw around with strategy using play money there.

Each to their own. You like what you get used to I guess.

Archived