Ladbrokes Poker - Online

inspector

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I love playing poker online!!

I visited the link for http://www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk/

Seems to have alot of good options and variety. I know some sites will allow people to organize private tournaments, but none that I know of for play money.

Even if it is real money, the tournament structure usually is one buy in price, and then you play until you bust out or win. That way you dont have people tempted to add more money as the go and regret it perhaps later.

I have seen poker sites online arrange for private, invite only, tournaments for as low as a $10 US (5?) buy in. Then there are no more costs after the buy in and that keeps it low risk for those that are new to real money play, or those who have the goal of play for fun.

Some groups donate the winner's money to a charity even. The goal with those tournaments is to win for bragging rights.

Alot of sites have "freerolls" everyday. Which is a large first come first serve free tournament. A good way to get your feet wet.

Playing online is so different than face to face because it makes it so hard to "read" your opponent, especially if they do not chat. I try to watch their style of play and see what pattern or weakness is there, but it is still hard.

Nice thing about online play is that no one knows I am female, therefore I don't have that hassle to deal with.

Lila

Thanks for stopping by! Yipieh - One more visitor! There was a report on telly last night about online poker and how rapidly it is growing - 40% of online players are actually women (compared to about 6% of the live players) - Party Poker is obviously still the overall leader (over 60% market share and valued at $10 Bil !) but others are good as well - er..may I recommend a visit of my little site again? :rolleyes: Have put up proper reviews for nearly every online poker room around (as well as quite a few live poker rooms in the UK), so if you're new to the game (or even if you're not), at least you know where to go and where not...

btw: remember there used to be a live poker evening in a certain pub every wednesday a while ago - what ever happened to that?

Hi

I love playing poker online!!

I visited the link for http://www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk/

Seems to have alot of good options and variety. I know some sites will allow people to organize private tournaments, but none that I know of for play money.

Even if it is real money, the tournament structure usually is one buy in price, and then you play until you bust out or win. That way you dont have people tempted to add more money as the go and regret it perhaps later.

I have seen poker sites online arrange for private, invite only, tournaments for as low as a $10 US (5?) buy in. Then there are no more costs after the buy in and that keeps it low risk for those that are new to real money play, or those who have the goal of play for fun.

Some groups donate the winner's money to a charity even. The goal with those tournaments is to win for bragging rights.

Alot of sites have "freerolls" everyday. Which is a large first come first serve free tournament. A good way to get your feet wet.

Playing online is so different than face to face because it makes it so hard to "read" your opponent, especially if they do not chat. I try to watch their style of play and see what pattern or weakness is there, but it is still hard.

Nice thing about online play is that no one knows I am female, therefore I don't have that hassle to deal with.

Lila

Yes, you're right Lila, most sites will accomodate a group, especially if they can bring a large number. Paradise are good for that, the only problem there being that the cash games are very tight so not the best site for beginners if they want to change over to these later.

Ladbrokes is pretty poor, those of you starting out want to be getting decent bonuses to help build the bankroll, Ladbrokes are very poor in this area.

I would recommend Celeb poker for new players, the standard of play on there is awful, and they have a couple of daily freerolls that do not get thousands of players.

The Gaming Club and Poker 333 also do 4 $1000 freerolls daily, trouble being the vast numbers of players playing these. Sometimes over 10,000 :blink:

I nominate Lila to set something up for us all !

You mean 'Lila' who live in Southern California? Man, the prize pool better be big to cover the travel expenses.

Thanks for stopping by! Yipieh - One more visitor! There was a report on telly last night about online poker and how rapidly it is growing - 40% of online players are actually women (compared to about 6% of the live players) -  Party Poker is obviously still the overall leader (over 60% market share and valued at $10 Bil !) but others are good as well - er..may I recommend a visit of my little site again? :rolleyes:  Have put up proper reviews for nearly every online poker room around (as well as quite a few live poker rooms in the UK), so if you're new to the game (or even if you're not), at least you know where to go and where not...

Hey There

Saw the reviews on the site and all and I think it looks great and is very detailed!

• 1 month later...

I'm in, if it's in California.

Great! Orange County game, we already have a home game here and you are welcome to join!!

is anyone still interested. We can set up a private tourney on Kiwi Poker via TheHomeofPoker If we get enough interest it can be set up to the spec wanted here? And yes the home of poker is a joint venture between that German chappie and myself, but as no-one has taken this bull by the horns, thought it might as well be me :ph34r:

Archived