The Modern Office Rewards Narcissists And Psychopath

thesultanofsheight

I must say that speaking to a lot of friends the recession seems to be bringing out the worst in a lot of the w@nkers who work in the Manx financial sector. When it comes to letting people go or other career issues it seems that more and more the loyal competent and business focused people are often loosing the fight and the psychotic manipulate tossers still seem to manage to stay in position to continue destroying the companies they already badly manage.

This was in the papers today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2269154/Horrible-bosses-New-study-shows-modern-offices-reward-narcissism-psychopathic-behaviour.html

I'm sure we all know of people who fall into most of the categories mentioned.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say that speaking to a lot of friends the recession seems to be bringing out the worst in a lot of the w@nkers who work in the Manx financial sector. When it comes to letting people go or other career issues it seems that more and more the loyal competent and business focused people are often loosing the fight and the psychotic manipulate tossers still seem to manage to stay in position to continue destroying the companies they already badly manage.

http://www.dailymail...-behaviour.html

You only need to read the obnoxious responses I've received over on my thread about how temporary workers are treated to tell who these w@nkers are. My experience in the IOM Government is that managers do not reward people for hard-work and ability -- in fact, they resent it. The people who get the permanent jobs in the Government are people who have friends and relatives already in the Government, and they arrange things between each other behind the scenes. It doesn't matter if the temp would make a better employee; all that matters is that their friend or relative gets the job. Looking back at some of the people I worked with, I am convinced that people who exhibit laziness, stupidity and unhelpfulness get extra points during the recruitment process.

You only need to read the obnoxious responses I've received over on my thread about how temporary workers are treated to tell who these w@nkers are. My experience in the IOM Government is that managers do not reward people for hard-work and ability -- in fact, they resent it. The people who get the permanent jobs in the Government are people who have friends and relatives already in the Government, and they arrange things between each other behind the scenes. It doesn't matter if the temp would make a better employee; all that matters is that their friend or relative gets the job. Looking back at some of the people I worked with, I am convinced that people who exhibit laziness, stupidity and unhelpfulness get extra points during the recruitment process.

You earned most of those replies for being a complete tool IMHO :-)

Regarding the Isle of Man Government....utter tosh, I have worked hard, become consiencientious, taken my responsibilities seriously and I have been not only rewarded but encouraged and allowed to direct my own career path, you have got it wrong speaking from my own experience.

Regarding the Isle of Man Government....utter tosh, I have worked hard, become consiencientious, taken my responsibilities seriously ...blah blah blah.....

Me too -- never got me anywhere. I worked for years in the IOM Govt and witnessed the corruption first-hand, so peddle your tripe to someone else.

it is surprising to hear you saying this, being one of the biggest c**ks on the Island! Irony is the humour of life anyway :) can never trust a man who says he doesn't like Dominos. There are a lot of w**kers as you put it in the commercial sector, they know that the Island is slowly moving into a long-recession and without the same benefits available as there were ten years ago, these executives are finding their money (which is a part of their identity) threatened. I feel sorry for them, maybe time to pull the finger out and do some work for a change? Either that or fade into the background, retire and enjoy what you have. Most executives on their death-bed wish they would have spent more time with family and friends anyway, why not do it now?

the loyal competent and business focused people are often loosing the fight and the psychotic manipulate tossers still seem to manage to stay in position to continue destroying the companies they already badly manage.

I have to ask this. In whose opinion are those people being let go the loyal competent and business focused people?

Calling for equality hardly makes me a tool. They have no compassion or empathy for those less fortunate, which makes them the tools, not I.

It really is hard to stomach this sort of self-pity from a man who doesn't believe in aid for starving children and wants to ensure that not one penny of his taxes goes to helping anyone unfortunate enough to have been born in a poor or drought ridden part of the world. You truly are a tool.

Regarding the Isle of Man Government....utter tosh, I have worked hard, become consiencientious, taken my responsibilities seriously and I have been not only rewarded but encouraged and allowed to direct my own career path, you have got it wrong speaking from my own experience.

This post epitomises narcissism.

This post epitomises narcissism.

No it doesn't. He's simply pointing out that in his experience, hard work is recognised and rewarded, contrary to what others think. It is certainly not the epitome of narcissism.

Archived