British Airways To Pull Out Of The Isle Of Man

partypolitics

What can be done?

Create a thread on the ManxForums Dot Com website using the internets

Edit: Was it really necessary to copy/paste a comment from someone in an existing thread about air companies and create a new thread? No, didn't think so.

And destroyed a damn good company in the process - rip Manx - a good company both for its customers and its staff. Actually don't RIP, wish it'd come back, but doubt it will. TBH Euromanx needs to do a heck of a lot of work + PR if it's going to be anything like Manx.

Being the kind of wimp who is scared of flying and does so only when there is absolutely no alternative, I don't have much of a 'personal' interest in this subject but, I know that many of my friends were utterly dismayed at the demise of Manx Airlines and totally p****d off by BA's attitude to local flights. In recent times, the general consensus appeared to be that Euromanx were moving towards the kind of level of service that Manx Airlines once provided and there was genuine hope that they'd eventualyy even exceed it. If BA disappeared off the scene - or simply sold their slots to Euromanx - I don't think many would complain too much.

BA CitiExpress expands

There could be more jobs created by British Airways CitiExpress. Their new Material logistics cent.. more

Doesn't it sound like BA have still got a strong island interest?

The type of aircraft maintained at Ronaldsway do not operate any commercial flights to or from the Isle of Man. The Manx based 146 jet is due to finish as it's lease comes to an end and BA have made no secret of their desire to operate a jet only fleet that would see the end of the Dash 8's that operate between here and Manchester.

Meanwhile in the last two years BA have moved flight planning, crew control and flight operations to Birmingham and made all the Manx ground handeling staff redundant in order to use 'Manx Regional', a handeling agent owned by Eastern Airways.

Interesting to note that even the man in charge of Ronaldsway operations was relocated to the U.K last year along with most of the Manx based flight deck crews.

Strong island interest? Until they get all they want out of the island and then they'll be off. Thanks BA.

It's something of a first for me - but I agree with Paul H on this one. I think BA are simply pulling a PR scam to keep the heat of bad publicity off them until they're sure that they've milked all they can from the IoM routes.

It's something of a first for me - but I agree with Paul H on this one.  I think BA are simply pulling a PR scam to keep the heat of bad publicity off them until they're sure that they've milked all they can from the IoM routes.

I am lost for words! :blink:

Something of a first but it's a start. Cheers Lonan3 ;)

Archived