Pope Benedict Retires

Amadeus

I haven't seen that job advertised on the website yet

Think I'll fire my CV over to the Vatican, you know, get my hat in the ring early

Then if I get the job it'll be my helmet in the ring

You'll have to send it to Simon Cowell. He's organising the election and calling it 'Pope Idol.'

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does no-one find it a tad weird that the only pope to resign before him was back in the 13th century?

Nop.

Because in the olden days they did not have to deal with the new world laywers claiming compensation for sexually abused kids.

Childhood is a realatively modern invention flowers.gif

And even God can't beat new world lawyers.........tongue.png

Does no-one find it a tad weird that the only pope to resign before him was back in the 13th century?

Nop.

Because in the olden days they did not have to deal with the new world laywers claiming compensation for sexually abused kids.

Yes, I understand what you are saying, athough I simply can't get my head around that. As every lunatic follower would defend the pope, no matter what he had done, why resign? He would be more protected by staying as the pope! ♡

Nop.

Yes, I understand what you are saying, athough I simply can't get my head around that. As every lunatic follower would defend the pope, no matter what he had done, why resign? He would be more protected by staying as the pope! ♡

I suspect his past is about to catch up with him.

Not his personal past of course. But he maybe moved a peado priest to another country..... where he done more abuse.

I Dont know. But Benededict is a theologian. He has a couple of doctorates.

Maybe he has had just to accept his theories do not match the world he lives in.

He was the wrong man for the job in the first place.

The world needs a black pope. It should have happened when Benedict was elected, but it didn't.

Just my opinion like :-

So the El capo of the worlds largest peadiophile ring has packed it in. He cites growing frailty as his reason. Personally I think being Head Honcho of an organization that accepts Tony B'liar as a convert is the true cause.

I have already done the Blair angle. Why don't you read the whole thread before posting.......

I suspect his past is about to catch up with him.

Not his personal past of course. But he maybe moved a peado priest to another country..... where he done more abuse.

I Dont know. But Benededict is a theologian. He has a couple of doctorates.

Maybe he has had just to accept his theories do not match the world he lives in.

He was the wrong man for the job in the first place.

The world needs a black pope. It should have happened when Benedict was elected, but it didn't.

Just my opinion like :-

Possibly right? What in this day and age of mobile media, maybe someone caught something they shouldn't and he's going to take the fall. Would make sense! thumbsup.gif

Good riddance. I suppose it is just as good as him dying or getting assassinated. (Although I do 'pray' he kicks the bucket soon.)

I am signed up to this man's twitter account. He uses his platform to regularly speak out against inequality and exploitation in the world, so I wish him long life and hope he will continue to rant and rave against our wicked economic system. I believe he might have been reading Chomsky. :)

I don't find it all that odd. How many kings and queens of England resigned during that same length of time? Only one (Edward VIII, 1936). I am sure many popes did effectively resign in all but name, retreating to their country estates, leaving the day-to-day running of the Vatican to their inner circle, much like the royal courts in the rest of Europe. The Pope is not merely the head of the Catholic Church and leader of the Vatican, but he is also considered "vicar of Christ", by virtue of his being Bishop of Rome and therefore the successor of Peter. That's not something one can resigns from without a lot of serious forethought. I think the Pope must feel that his health will severely impede on his ability to perform his job. Popes didn't used to live quite so long either.

Good riddance. I suppose it is just as good as him dying or getting assassinated. (Although I do 'pray' he kicks the bucket soon.)

I am signed up to this man's twitter account. He uses his platform to regularly speak out against inequality and exploitation in the world, so I wish him long life and hope he will continue to rant and rave against our wicked economic system. I believe he might have been reading Chomsky. smile.png

Bugger.

So when TJ does not get the new Pope job he will be complaining like hell about unfair the catholics and the itailian are.

Yeah..... it's a world wide conspiricy to do TJ out of a job......xmas.gif

Can we just not have some sort of universal sufferage to elect TJ as pope? Maybe then he will stop posting here xmas.gif

What does a person's skin colour have to do with anything?

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King Jr

What does a person's skin colour have to do with anything?

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King Jr

I think you're lucky it wasn't your dad that said that then. You would surely be better judged by your skin colour. wink.png

Archived