Pope Benedict Retires

Amadeus

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good riddance. I suppose it is just as good as him dying or getting assassinated. (Although I do 'pray' he kicks the bucket soon.)

I am signed up to this man's twitter account. He uses his platform to regularly speak out against inequality and exploitation in the world, so I wish him long life and hope he will continue to rant and rave against our wicked economic system. I believe he might have been reading Chomsky. smile.png

Bugger.

So when TJ does not get the new Pope job he will be complaining like hell about unfair the catholics and the itailian are.

Yeah..... it's a world wide conspiricy to do TJ out of a job......xmas.gif

Can we just not have some sort of universal sufferage to elect TJ as pope? Maybe then he will stop posting here xmas.gif

I don't want to be the Pope, but I suppose if the people wished it, I am sure Miracles could hire me on a 2-month contract as temp pope. I would call myself, Pope Noam I.

Edited to add: that was my 666th post. Might not be such a good idea after all!

The world needs a black pope. It should have happened when Benedict was elected, but it didn't.

What does a person's skin colour have to do with anything?

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King Jr

Was MLK a catholic?

I say we need a black pope, because after 2000 years it's about fucking time.

The meek shall inherit the earth...... and all that.

After all.... was Jesus Anglo Saxon....... nop.

Edit to add:

The biggest problem that the Catholic faith has helped to propagate is over popoulation and HIV.

A virgin old white dude with a phd does not know how to solve this issue.

Maybe an African dude can at least make a start.

Was MLK a catholic?

After all.... was Jesus Ango Saxon....... nop.

We need a good pope. If the best candidate happens to be black, then I am all for it, but don't elect someone just because they're black, because I think that sort of thing is a form of paternalistic racism and very condescending against black people. It's like you're insinuating a black person couldn't be elected by virtue of anything but their colour. I find the very idea plain bizarre. Why can't you look past skin colour and focus on their character?

Good riddance. I suppose it is just as good as him dying or getting assassinated. (Although I do 'pray' he kicks the bucket soon.)

I am signed up to this man's twitter account. He uses his platform to regularly speak out against inequality and exploitation in the world, so I wish him long life and hope he will continue to rant and rave against our wicked economic system. I believe he might have been reading Chomsky. smile.png

Bugger.

So when TJ does not get the new Pope job he will be complaining like hell about unfair the catholics and the itailian are.

Yeah..... it's a world wide conspiricy to do TJ out of a job......xmas.gif

Can we just not have some sort of universal sufferage to elect TJ as pope? Maybe then he will stop posting here xmas.gif

I don't want to be the Pope, but I suppose if the people wished it, I am sure Miracles could hire me on a 2-month contract as temp pope. I would call myself, Pope Noam I.

Edited to add: that was my 666th post. Might not be such a good idea after all!

laugh.pnglaugh.png

I suspect that the next Pope will be a lot younger allowing establishing distance between the historical child abuse claims and the young, clean pair of hands.

If I remember correctly, didn't this Pope tried to persuade the previous Pope to step aside when he was so very ill. If he did hold that opinion, then this is something that he has felt he must do, when his time arrived, for a long time.

Was MLK a catholic?

After all.... was Jesus Ango Saxon....... nop.

We need a good pope. If the best candidate happens to be black, then I am all for it, but don't elect someone just because they're black, because I think that sort of thing is a form of paternalistic racism and very condescending against black people. It's like you're insinuating a black person couldn't be elected by virtue of anything but their colour. I find the very idea plain bizarre. Why can't you look past skin colour and focus on their character?

We don't need a Pope at all.

We don't need a white pope or a black pope. Not unless they can make a difference.

But lots of people do. And I would say the typical white anglo guy does not sit at home waiting for the Pope to announce some sort of Pontifical edict before they they stick their rubberised cock into their receptive wife's thingy.

They just get on with it.

But enourmous swathes of the word are controlled by the Pope. Places where the Pope.s word is litterally Gospel.

Billions of people live their life by his word.

People with real hardship and poverty. People who stuggle to feed their kids because the Pope tells them to make as many kids as they can.

That's why we need a black Pope. Because the Pope is supposed to be poor. A white pope with a PHD cant change things.

But maybe a poor black pope can.

wow...... sorry for the rant :-)

People with real hardship and poverty. People who stuggle to feed their kids because the Pope tells them to make as many kids as they can.

That's why we need a black Pope. Because the Pope is supposed to be poor. A white pope with a PHD cant change things.

What the flying f-ck does the pope being black or white have to do with anything? Again, you are being racist against black people, and you don't even seem to realise it.

What the flying f-ck does the pope being black or white have to do with anything? Again, you are being racist against black people, and you don't even seem to realise it.

Nop. I am being racist agaist white people. You are assuming I am white..

Then again, I am assuming you are white.

This article (from a site that i visit each and every day) describes perfectly the flawed perspective of an organisation struggling to maintain its place in the world.

http://www.secularism.org.uk/blog/2013/02/joseph-ratzinger's-failed-papacy-may-have-fatally-undermined-the-vatican

How can catholics continue to follow in blind allegiance, a structure riven with contradictions and contrivance, such as the vatican? Has this antiquated and outdated organisation had its day?

Or will the sins of the fathers continue to be forgiven to the detriment of the flock.

How can catholics continue to follow in blind allegiance, a structure riven with contradictions and contrivance, such as the vatican? Has this antiquated and outdated organisation had its day?
I suppose in the same way all people with these nutty sort of beliefs do. It could go on a LONG time.

I will be prepared to accept that the Roman Catholic church is at least trying to move forward when they elect a black, female pope.

I would push the boundaries out still further and insist on a black, female, gay, disabled, one-parent whale on benefits before I'm convinced that they're broadening their church to be more in line with our modern-day liberal society...

Archived