Stuart Baggs

mama

Lets be honest, you don't have to try that hard to earn £100,000 pa in the private sector, or am i missing the point.

Hmm. interesting statement. You do realise that only the most highly paid people earn that much, don't you? I mean, the top 1% earn over £150k. So to earn over £100k you are in the 2-3% highest paid catagory. £50K pa puts you in the top 10%.

As was said above, they m ust pay very well in Dalby.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manx Radio again jumping on a story that's got just a tiny Manx connection and is pretty irrelevant to listeners on the Isle of Man.

Yeah, Bee Gee statues, Mark Cavendish wins, Sam Barks in Hollywood, Stuart Baggs - nobody is remotely interested in any of them, right?

I read that, I think she might be a publicity kind of person. I'm pretty sure Lord Shergar would have it nailed down and made perfectly clear to all contestants that it was 'just a show' and the wages would be £100K for whatever job you're given. Guess she is just putting herself out there again. Sure a sharp witted and canny lass like her will be snapped up rapido styleee.

I've always thought that litigation against an employer is not a particularly good career move.

Manx Radio again jumping on a story that's got just a tiny Manx connection and is pretty irrelevant to listeners on the Isle of Man.

Yeah, Bee Gee statues, Mark Cavendish wins, Sam Barks in Hollywood, Stuart Baggs - nobody is remotely interested in any of them, right?

At least we have IOM Today to keep us up to speed on Davey Knowles.

But the news wasn't about him, it was about the winner suing Alan Sugars organisation, But it had to be in the Manx News just because Baggs was also in the same competition, really scraping the bottom of the barrel to get a Manx angle on a news story.

This kind of thing happens all the time and the newspapers are worse than Manx Radio. Something happens to someone who once lived here, be it caught in a hurricane zone or near a volcano it can make the front page headline. Bloody ludicrous.

When I first joined the MR newsroom years ago, I made a similar comment to Katman's about a tenuous Manx link in a story. 'But people expect us to cover stories like that' was the response, and it was completely correct. If the local media ever fails in this regard, the complaints come pouring in. 'Why didn't you say on the news that it's snowing' was one phone complaint not helped by me suggesting to the caller that they could just look outside their window. "I pay your wages to keep me informed" was the comeback.

So to avoid that malarkey in future, I'd report on a cat losing its tail in a freak combine harvester accident in Siberia and maybe looking a bit like a Manx cat. Lots of people evidently expect that. Go figure.

...So to avoid that malarkey in future, I'd report on a cat losing its tail in a freak combine harvester accident in Siberia and maybe looking a bit like a Manx cat. Lots of people evidently expect that. Go figure.

Was the cat alright? I like Siberian cats.

Siberian-Cat.jpg

I guess it was one of the barley field combine harvesters, being in Siberia, such a tragic accident.

Archived