Hpi Savage Nitro R/c Truck And Onkyo Av Reciever

nathan wind

First up is an HPI Savage 25 nitro radio controlled truck. This thing is big and indestructible, but well used. I bought it off Cret from this very forum and I think I remember him saying it had had a number of upgrades, possibly including a bigger engine - but I'm no expert, so I can't confirm this. As stated, it's in well used but reasonable condition BUT it hasn't been run in over a year, so it's a bit dirty and cobweby, with some rusty bolt heads. However, treat it as a cheap project - strip it, give it all a good clean (or get Model Tech to do it for you), fire in some shiny new chrome bolts and you'll have a superb, fast R/C vehicle to play with for a bargain price (these things cost many hundreds of pounds). I simply don't have the interest in it any more to do all that myself. The last time I had it running it was sweet as a nut, and there's no reason to believe that with a little TLC it wouldn't be now.

Grab a bargain at £70 - I think I even have a starter and a bit of old nitro fuel knocking about that I can throw in.

Next up is an Onkyo TX SR605 AV receiver in silver. This supports full HD passthrough and has two HDMI-ins, and one out - as well as full legacy support (Composite, component etc.). It's a great receiver and has been owned by me from new. I still have the box, instructions and set-up mic for it. It decodes HD audio from Blu Rays for excellent quality surround sound up to 7.1. Or you can Bi-amp the front speakers instead as I did. It's in good condition, but once again there is a caveat. The volume button on the remote control is tempramental. You can choose to live with it, buy another remote from an Onkyo service centre or ebay, or use a universal programmable remote with it. I did the latter and it was absolutely fine. However, given the dodgy volume button I'm keeping the asking price low.

£60

Or buy both for £120

Based in Colby.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Archived