Google Discrimination On The Iom

manxmuppet

2 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

They get paid enough to buy iPhones, the rest of us can eat cake.

I use my own Android phone and a second SIM for work calls. I don’t recall being offered an iPhone…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Both phone companies here are antibusiness.

Rip-off mobile charges...and shit at interconnecting IOM businesses to the wider world, as it does not suit their financial interests and rip-off business models do.

Government are inept and should have sorted all this years ago.

Whats is got to do with government of the telcos ffs?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, swoopy2110 said:

Once you link your Google Play account to the UK PlayStore for the first time (via VPN or UK wifi), then you shouldn't have the issue again.

It shouldn't be like this though! Google really should be asked to 'sort' it by someone over here.

They have.  Hundreds of times.

Then google go “the isle of where?? 40.000 people?.  Make it a super super low priority as it’s a mild annoyance to a handful of people and crack on with something important”

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I guess you'll just have to struggle along on £70k a year without one then.

There's more to being a man of the people than using an Android phone.

Is an iPhone a sign of wealth now? Everyone seems to have one, apart from ideological Apple haters. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Is an iPhone a sign of wealth now? Everyone seems to have one, apart from ideological Apple haters. 

My wife was anti Apple for years, until she dropped her very expensive android phone and had to borrow my iPhone for a couple of days away.

Never went back.  She hasn’t quite admitted I was right  and she was wrong yet, but that day will come.

The iPhone was actually cheaper than the Sony she had been using as well

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

My wife was anti Apple for years, until she dropped her very expensive android phone and had to borrow my iPhone for a couple of days away.

Never went back.  She hasn’t quite admitted I was right  and she was wrong yet, but that day will come.

More #fantasydave. I could just about believe the rest of that if it didn't come from you - but the idea that anyone would marry a knob like you just made the whole post completely unbelievable.

5 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

More #fantasydave. I could just about believe the rest of that if it didn't come from you - but the idea that anyone would marry a knob like you just made the whole post completely unbelievable.

She does love a good nob my Mrs.  True that.

I think it’s what keeps us together.  She would tell you herself that is a very lucky lady 😜

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Govt (CURA) regulate them and deal with complaints. Similar to Ofcom in  the UK.

That was my first port of call, but they said the issue was outside their remit. Seeing as it was to do with both public service broadcasting AND telecommunication provision, it seemed to me absolutely slap bang in the middle of their remit. I'm not quite sure what they do on a day to day basis.

18 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

That bit is yes...but I was being a bit more general. Govt could have put pressure on Google to sort though.

Does anyone even know how to communicate with Google? The strategy of these tech behemoths seems to be to have a "help community" where Joe Public is encouraged to provide help to other users at no cost to them. The only phone number I've seen as a helpline is in the USA. They don't really want to know about users with problems.

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

I have to use an iPhone for work. I find it a miserable experience.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

That was my first port of call, but they said the issue was outside their remit. Seeing as it was to do with both public service broadcasting AND telecommunication provision, it seemed to me absolutely slap bang in the middle of their remit. I'm not quite sure what they do on a day to day basis.

Wasn't the issue caused by someone in the gov asking for our band to be moved out of the UK group of IPs? I seem to recall it was a Welsh or Scottish bloke being involved