America - Hoax Atrocities And Guns Out Of Control

monasqueen

What do you mean - if you dare? I saw it a long time ago, a poor film really, certainly not one of Carpenter's best.

I had to check to be sure, I thought the story came from a comic book - it does, but also from a sci-fi fantasy magazine.

The only connection with the thread appears to be that it's purely imaginative.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watch this one if you dare, Thomas Jeffferson has

I think the film is absolutely hilarious, especially the neverending fight scene where he keeps trying to get the black dude to put on the sunglasses. South Park did a re-enactment of that fight in the episode called "Cripple Fight". Hilarious stuff.

The film is clearly a comedy.

I'm looking forward to doing Route 66 next moneh, it will be a chance to see the real America. Been to alot of the tourist oreintaited places before and it will make a nice change.

You're welcome to it.

Each time I have been, I have hated it more.

Only been once, road trip (5800miles) , Yellowstone, all the canyons (grand, black , brice, zion) Hoover dam, petrified forest , sandhills, and all the railway sights on the way , then on to sections of Route 66.

Have to say that it was a spectacular holiday and found the local folks very welcoming (met a mormon family at Independence Rock who knew the IOM well) .

Curious to know why you went back if you disliked it so much the first time.

It's a case of trying to see those places that you "must see", while you still can, and sometimes this involves travelling via USA.

I have seen New York the best way - arriving by sea. At least security was less painful that way than it is if you fly in.

In Miami, there were "only" 7 murders the night we stayed.

We arranged to overstay in our room one place, but no-one told security, who came to our room to challenge us about our being there - at gun-point.

Security has been allowed to become more important than anything else, and it is destroying tourism.

We do have American friends. One of these will no longer travel to Europe, because he is afraid of getting mixed up with the wars that Europe is involved in. I think he has been brainwashed.

It's a case of trying to see those places that you "must see", while you still can, and sometimes this involves travelling via USA.

I have seen New York the best way - arriving by sea. At least security was less painful that way than it is if you fly in.

We arranged to overstay in our room one place, but no-one told security, who came to our room to challenge us about our being there - at gun-point.

Security has been allowed to become more important than anything else, and it is destroying tourism.

We do have American friends. One of these will no longer travel to Europe, because he is afraid of getting mixed up with the wars that Europe is involved in. I think he has been brainwashed.

I would agree that the immigration chaps were a little dour , perhaps we were fortunate that we were picked up by friends (who lived in the states for many years) at Denver . I would have hesitated to go to New York or Miami anyway but appreciate your comments.

When your virtual state-owned media is made up of the tripe that's on CNN, Fox et al then it's no wonder the imbeciles have no clue about the outside world.

...now a big shooting here in Switzerland at a sawmill. Angry worker tried to take out the entire management, he may have succeeded. Switzerland is on the cusp of changing the law about keeping military rifles / machine guns (whatever they are called) at home.

Stress, stress, stress.

(In German) http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/panorama/vermischtes/Schiesserei-in-Holzfirma--mehrere-Tote-und-Schwerverletzte/story/12250339

...now a big shooting here in Switzerland at a sawmill. Angry worker tried to take out the entire management, he may have succeeded. Switzerland is on the cusp of changing the law about keeping military rifles / machine guns (whatever they are called) at home.

Stress, stress, stress.

(In German) http://www.tagesanze.../story/12250339

Well clearly the reason he had the weapons was to stop the evil Government soldiers (or whatever) taking away his rights...

Well clearly the reason he had the weapons was to stop the evil Government soldiers (or whatever) taking away his rights...

Seems he was mentally ill. The police haven't said what weapon he used yet.

Stress, stress, stress.

You're catching on fast....

Stress, stress, stress.

You're catching on fast....

Just thought I would get the nonsense out of the way first...

Archived