Titanic 2

Ruger

I don't suppose I will be able to afford to travel on the new Titanic - but what an experience!

I feel the same - but also can't help thinking that if, when the island was awash with money being spent on vanity schemes, a little of it had been spent on restoring the old 'Manxman,' we (and possibly a fair number of visitors) could have enjoyed the wonderful experience of sailing on it during the summer months.

I went over to Belfast not long ago to the new Titanic Belfast (great museum), and they had recreations of the rooms in the different classes on the Titanic. One thing you notice is that the second class rooms are really small too, whilst steerage is really a dive.

So if they are doing the interior rooms exactly as they were back then, then tourists are in for a surprise!

Hope they'll film it properly this time

Obviously Sam Barks should have a role

'A Night To Remember' (by far the best movie of the Titanic) was, as it happens, mainly made at Pinewood Studios.

Strange how you would model your vocabulary on Jimmy Saville

'A Night To Remember' (by far the best movie of the Titanic) was, as it happens, mainly made at Pinewood Studios.

Rather more strange that use of a very common English expression should immediately put you in mind of Jimmy Saville!

Rather more strange that use of a very common English expression should immediately put you in mind of Jimmy Saville!

Now then, now then biggrin.png

Archived