What's The Betting On A Eurozone Wide Banking Crash By Friday?

hboy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gross unfairness of all of this gets even more grossly unfair as I see the BBC is reporting that some will be hit for up to 60%. The bit that gets me though is that if you hold your mortgage with the same bank will they be reducing your debt at the same time they are stealing your cash? Will they f**k! So last week you had a €100,000 mortgage and €100,000 in savings. This week you have a €100,000 mortgage and €40,000 in savings, and its entirely legal to steal 60% of your cash in the bank but leave you with 100% of your debt to the bank. If it happened to me the fire brigade would be at my bank and parliament within 24 hours of it happening. Its so completely grossly unfair that I don't even know where to start.

The gross unfairness of all of this gets even more grossly unfair as I see the BBC is reporting that some will be hit for up to 60%. The bit that gets me though is that if you hold your mortgage with the same bank will they be reducing your debt at the same time they are stealing your cash? Will they f**k! So last week you had a €100,000 mortgage and €100,000 in savings. This week you have a €100,000 mortgage and €40,000 in savings, and its entirely legal to steal 60% of your cash in the bank but leave you with 100% of your debt to the bank. If it happened to me the fire brigade would be at my bank and parliament within 24 hours of it happening. Its so completely grossly unfair that I don't even know where to start.

Wrong, you still have 100k in savings. And before talking cobblers you should see how this 60% is actually deductaed, what is received in return etc. All the correct information is easily found on the web.

No you don't, you have €40,000 in savings and €60,000 of equity in a duff Cypriot bank that you might not see again, plus the same mortgage that you had before. As for talking cobblers, you're the expert on that.

Wrong! The first 100k euro is protected.

No you don't, you have €40,000 in savings and €60,000 of equity in a duff Cypriot bank that you might not see again, plus the same mortgage that you had before. As for talking cobblers, you're the expert on that.

Maybe you should inform the world press as they seem to be reporting it wrong then. All you have to be is a few quid over the 100,000 to get dragged in. I was using 100,000 purely as an example as its divisible easily.

http://www.dailymail...YTHING-85k.html

That or your talking out of your Smug Swiss "the Isle of Man isn't good enough for me anymore" arse as usual.

Maybe you should inform the world press as they seem to be reporting it wrong then:

http://www.dailymail...YTHING-85k.html

That or your talking out of your Smug Swiss "the Isle of Man isn't good enough for me anymore" arse as usual.

OMG you're thick - or you can't read? The Daily Mail article reinforces what I wrote - it's on deposits *over* €100k, the first €100k is safe, the %age loss is on the balance minus €100k.

> Shakes head at wackko peasant.

Whilst i may be ignorant when it comes to all things financial. And im still unclear as to the legalities as far as it happening here. I cant help but think the eurozone as just shot itself in the foot. Nobody with wealth to invest is going to dip their toe in european waters for fear of it being syphond away by a lazy unimaginative underperforming government dependant on deposits rather than industry and devoid of any natural resources............................fuck!

Am i glad i'm poor i was worried there for a nanosecond.

Whilst i may be ignorant when it comes to all things financial. And im still unclear as to the legalities as far as it happening here. I cant help but think the eurozone as just shot itself in the foot. Nobody with wealth to invest is going to dip their toe in european waters for fear of it being syphond away by a lazy unimaginative underperforming government dependant on deposits rather than industry and devoid of any natural resources............................fuck!

Am i glad i'm poor i was worried there for a nanosecond.

Don't think this confiscation will just be confined to the eurozone.

Don't think this confiscation will just be confined to the eurozone.

In the past currencies have been wiped out, so keeping 100k isn't that bad.

Argentina looks like it's defaulted on loan repayments, holders there will be a 'tad' worried.

Archived