What's The Betting On A Eurozone Wide Banking Crash By Friday?

hboy

Fuck you you smug Swiss arsehole.

Steady on!!!!! I'm Swiss (Canton St. Gallen).....stop having a go at our bottoms

I don't have anything against the Swiss, just GD4ELI because all he does is sit there slagging everything about the island off. He even posts in the property threads that its too expensive for him here so he'll retire elsewhere, so quite why the fuck he posts here is beyond me. Other than to be smug and superior because he went to school here but now isn't here because he lives somewhere better.

As I said I only used 100,000 as an example, but at the end of the day licensed and legally endorsed theft is wrong particularly if they are converting your bank account partly into worthless shares, and leaving your debt to the bank untouched. Its criminal on most counts to take assets off people but at the same time leave them fully and legally responsible for all debts to the same bank. If they were to steal 40,000 of my money I'd rather it was used to offset my debt to the bank than be converted to worthless stock in a bank. If you are Cypriot and now refuse to pay your mortgage because they stole the assets you were going to use to repay it at some stage I wonder how long it would be before they repossessed your house?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst i may be ignorant when it comes to all things financial. And im still unclear as to the legalities as far as it happening here. I cant help but think the eurozone as just shot itself in the foot. Nobody with wealth to invest is going to dip their toe in european waters for fear of it being syphond away by a lazy unimaginative underperforming government dependant on deposits rather than industry and devoid of any natural resources............................fuck!

Am i glad i'm poor i was worried there for a nanosecond.

Don't think this confiscation will just be confined to the eurozone.

+1

read your link its like some great global meltdown is anticipated by the higher echelons.crying.gif

the Swiss thing, is it some sort of unrequainted love.

Whilst i may be ignorant when it comes to all things financial. And im still unclear as to the legalities as far as it happening here. I cant help but think the eurozone as just shot itself in the foot. Nobody with wealth to invest is going to dip their toe in european waters for fear of it being syphond away by a lazy unimaginative underperforming government dependant on deposits rather than industry and devoid of any natural resources............................fuck!

Am i glad i'm poor i was worried there for a nanosecond.

Don't think this confiscation will just be confined to the eurozone.

+1

read your link its like some great global meltdown is anticipated by the higher echelons.crying.gif

.......and anyone with half a brain who can see the blatantly obvious instead of listening to the propaganda pumped out by governments, who are frantically trying to keep a lid on how serious a situation the world economy is in.

They are always pushing the confidence card whether it be investor or consumer. But i always tell myself greed is too addictive there must be money somewhere for the making how could they let it just fritter away. Money is power and thats equally addictive but behind the scenes the money never really seems to have existed. It would appear true that if all debts were called in there wouldnt be enough money in existence to cover it all. Debt is currency and China owns America's. It truly is a mad mad world.

They are always pushing the confidence card whether it be investor or consumer. But i always tell myself greed is too addictive there must be money somewhere for the making how could they let it just fritter away. Money is power and thats equally addictive but behind the scenes the money never really seems to have existed. It would appear true that if all debts were called in there wouldnt be enough money in existence to cover it all. Debt is currency and China owns America's. It truly is a mad mad world.

Very true. There is no real money, every single unit of currency that has been printed into existence today exists as debt. If everything in the world was paid back we'd still owe interest on it. The only way to truly solve it is to get rid of the central banks and let governments print money as money and not have to 'lend' it from from private corporations and pay interest on it....but history has shown us what happens when heads of state decide to sideline the money changers.

The only way to truly solve it is to get rid of the central banks and let governments print money as money and not have to 'lend' it from from private corporations and pay interest on it....but history has shown us what happens when heads of state decide to sideline the money changers.

<cough> hyper-inflation, Third Reich <cough>

The only way to truly solve it is to get rid of the central banks and let governments print money as money and not have to 'lend' it from from private corporations and pay interest on it....but history has shown us what happens when heads of state decide to sideline the money changers.

<cough> hyper-inflation, Third Reich <cough>

Obviously you'd need checks and balances to avoid another Weimar Republic scenario but the key point is that it would be money owed to no third party and not created as debt.

Obviously you'd need checks and balances to avoid another Weimar Republic scenario but the key point is that it would be money owed to no third party and not created as debt.

Q1: would you allow ET & AB access to a money printing machine? I wouldn't...

Very true. There is no real money, every single unit of currency that has been printed into existence today exists as debt.

What else is money but an exchange for debt? What would change to make it more 'real'?

Very true. There is no real money, every single unit of currency that has been printed into existence today exists as debt.

What else is money but an exchange for debt? What would change to make it more 'real'?

Some quotes from a variety of esteemed and intelligent men who have far more knowledge and experience of the current monetary setup than me.

http://www.themoneymasters.com/the-money-masters/famous-quotations-on-banking/

They've already got one in effect...they can put as many Manx notes in circulation as they can and bank the English equivalent to get the interest on it, as meanwhile people pass meaningless (wrt England) bank of La La Land notes to each other on island - but have to exchange them for proper money if they leave.

They've already got one in effect...they can put as many Manx notes in circulation as they can and bank the English equivalent to get the interest on it, as meanwhile people pass meaningless (wrt England) bank of La La Land notes to each other on island - but have to exchange them for proper money if they leave.

Correction - have to exchange them for a different bank of La La Land money if they leave.

Some money does have value though. The copper 1P piece has a melt value of 1.6P and the 2P piece has a melt value of 3.2P. Due to this they are thinking of taking them out of circulation.

Archived