North Korea Enters "state Of War" Against South Korea

Amadeus

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently it's all a misunderstanding, and he's not planning an attack at all.

He didn't say "Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war." What he actually said on the Saturday was: "Let's play 'Havoc!' and let's eat the dogs of war...I'll have a few noodles with mine ta."...

...all of which which led to a bit of a SNAFU.

• 4 months later...

North Korea 'blinks.'

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/08/07/uk-korea-north-idUKBRE9760BQ20130807

Impoverished North Korea said on Wednesday it was reopening the troubled Kaesong industrial zone jointly run with the wealthy South just minutes after Seoul signalled its willingness to let it close for good.

The North's Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea, which handles Pyongyang's ties with Seoul, proposed talks aimed at normalising the project and said the safety of South Koreans visiting the factory park would be guaranteed.

The committee was "prompted by its desire to bring about a new phase of reconciliation, cooperation, peace, reunification and prosperity by normalizing operation in the Kaesong zone", it said in unusually conciliatory remarks.

• 3 years later...

Ah, nothing will change. The usual saber rattling but sadly no war to finally solve this problem. I say sadly from a purely "I'm on the other side of the world so it won't affect me, and it does my nut people obsessing over it" point of view

Archived