Airlines Charges Passengers By Weight

Amadeus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree with this, if you can afford to gorge yourself on food, you can afford to pay extra.

Waiting for "My overactive Thyroid" rebuttal, overactive pievoid more like.

Totally agree with this, if you can afford to gorge yourself on food, you can afford to pay extra.

Don't agree, much simpler to spread the charge out and pay based on the average weight. I do think that if someone's too big to fit in one chair they should be forced to buy two seats though, nothing worse than seeing a fatty wobble down the isle and sit next to you, pinning you to the window.

No one is going to put their correct weight when buying a ticket because it will cost them more and I am absolutely fuckin' positive that no big ass men and women are going to get on a set of scales in front peeps at check in.

This idea is 100% retard bait.

Don't agree, much simpler to spread the charge out and pay based on the average weight. I do think that if someone's too big to fit in one chair they should be forced to buy two seats though, nothing worse than seeing a fatty wobble down the isle and sit next to you, pinning you to the window.

I agree. it is a bit like some airlines allowing children to travel at a reduced price. Children and small poeple still take up a whole seat and therefore should pay the same.

ETA Actually, looking at this more closely, it is really just another con.

For example, on take off, about 2/3 of the weight of a Dash 8 Q400 (aka Flybe IOM to everywhere) is aeroplane and fuel. Now, you already pay a fuel surcharge, which in effect caters for the non-existant high price of aviation fuel (no VAT, etc.). Charging for baggage was never anything to do with aircraft weight. It was about baggage handling costs at airports. Paying for seats by weight is literally rubbish. The extra fuel burned is virtually insignificant.

I think it is a great idea, last time I flew I was sat next to a tub of lard that squashed me against the window and when I wanted to go for a pee took half an hour to grunt and groan it's way out of the seat to let me past then got stuck against the trolley dolly and her goods. What a performance, everyone around got the giggles the trolley dolly got the hump and I got desperate. They used to have scales at Ronaldsway and weigh all the passenger in the good old days, although this was for balance rather than monetary gain.

I agree. it is a bit like some airlines allowing children to travel at a reduced price. Children and small poeple still take up a whole seat and therefore should pay the same.

For example, on take off, about 2/3 of the weight of a Dash 8 Q400 (aka Flybe IOM to everywhere) is aeroplane and fuel. Now, you already pay a fuel surcharge, which in effect caters for the non-existant high price of aviation fuel (no VAT, etc.). Charging for baggage was never anything to do with aircraft weight. It was about baggage handling costs at airports. Paying for seats by weight is literally rubbish. The extra fuel burned is virtually insignificant.

I think it is a great idea, last time I flew I was sat next to a tub of lard that squashed me against the window and when I wanted to go for a pee took half an hour to grunt and groan it's way out of the seat to let me past then got stuck against the trolley dolly and her goods. What a performance, everyone around got the giggles the trolley dolly got the hump and I got desperate. They used to have scales at Ronaldsway and weigh all the passenger in the good old days, although this was for balance rather than monetary gain.

30 mins? Really? Absolute nonsense, and even if this scenario ensued it would have been moments meaning you chose to leave your seat as the "trolley dolly" was making her rounds. People like you are scum. Sub-human scum.

Archived