Boston Marathon Explosion(S)

cheesypeas

Lxxx, I'm reasonably confident they were involved in a huge gun fight with the police throwing bombs etc. It was basically tweeted live by thousands of people with multiple videos posted on Youtube etc.

That's citizen journalism and reasonably immune from media spin and political manipulation.

Even Obama has asked people not to jump to conclusions pre-trial. Lxxx you say you aren't guessing, but there's definitely a slant in your postings that suggests some kind of conspiracy or that there automatically has to be some sort of cover up going on.

Not everything that happens is a conspiracy, not everything the governent or media says is a lie, not every official story has a cover up BUT their have been enough instances to the contrary that, in my opinion, it's best not to take everything that is said at face value. For all I know they could have done it and it could be a cut and dried case but I'll reserve judgement for now.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes the media coverage on the above has changed considerably from the first days coverage! Straight after it happened many people "experts" had mentioned that it could have been much worse if the bombs had been activated 2 hours earlier.

I'm a person who - if something doesn't ring true I look at everything else!

It hasn't failed me yet! Being female makes me more inquisitive!

As I've said the conspiracists are going to love this one. It is so easy to claim the failures are a deliberate plot.

No doubt the securitats will gain budgets and kudos from this incident, but to go from that fact to them deliberately planning it is one huge leap.

Good post CH, but it's not necessarily just a plot/set up, its more likely that authorities simply let it happen... same gain/less risk.

For all I know they could have done it and it could be a cut and dried case but I'll reserve judgement for now.

"They probably had their suspect ready before it happened."?

Correct. What point are you making?

How would you define "probably"?

You seem to be weighting the conspiracy quite highly there - just how probable is a large conspiracy?

Ruger implies "they" knew about it and just let it happen, but who are "they"? Many, many people working in law enforcement and counter intelligence would work night and day to stop some religious looser blowing up an 8 year old child and maiming hundreds of people. How probable is it that "they" monopolised knowledge of what the brothers were doing from those working to stop them.

Conspiracies see the guys in the black helicopters as some monolithic all powerful group. I think that is highly improbable.

As is the idea they set up their suspects in advance.

Correct. What point are you making?

That the statement you made isn't reserving judgement.

Intelligence services generally have individuals of concern under surveillance over long periods of time. After most 'terror' attacks the probable suspects are rolled out soon afterwards with an encyclopaedic knowledge of their background so it's not beyond the realms of probability that they were on their radar before the event. Whether they did it while under surveillance or whether they caught them by surprise is another question entirely.

Intelligence services generally have individuals of concern under surveillance over long periods of time. After most 'terror' attacks the probable suspects are rolled out soon afterwards with an encyclopaedic knowledge of their background so it's not beyond the realms of probability that they were on their radar before the event. Whether they did it while under surveillance or whether they caught them by surprise is another question entirely.

That would seem unlikely in this case given the FBI had to publicly ask for help identifying the individuals in the photographs. Or is that what they want me to think?

The surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings has been charged with using a weapon of mass destruction, the US Department of Justice says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22257451

Now if only troops found a couple of pressure cookers in Iraq, the 45 minutes to activate weapons of mass destruction would have been valid.

(A nice lamb shank in about 45 minutes with a pressure cooker, too.)

Yeah I see your point, although I'm still not convinced it was terrorists! As you quite rightly point out, the bombs were not as effective as they could have been, also that walking around with a bomb would be pretty scary!

Not really the MO for the usual terrorist activities!

What's a usual terrorist?

He wears a purple suit, big silly grin and goes by the name of "The Joker".

How would you define "probably"?

You seem to be weighting the conspiracy quite highly there - just how probable is a large conspiracy?

Ruger implies "they" knew about it and just let it happen, but who are "they"? Many, many people working in law enforcement and counter intelligence would work night and day to stop some religious looser blowing up an 8 year old child and maiming hundreds of people. How probable is it that "they" monopolised knowledge of what the brothers were doing from those working to stop them.

Conspiracies see the guys in the black helicopters as some monolithic all powerful group. I think that is highly improbable.

As is the idea they set up their suspects in advance.

You say that but they quite happily go along with a President who orders drone kills on perfectly innocent families picnicking in the Pakistan countryside.

The surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings has been charged with using a weapon of mass destruction, the US Department of Justice says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22257451

Now if only troops found a couple of pressure cookers in Iraq, the 45 minutes to activate weapons of mass destruction would have been valid.

(A nice lamb shank in about 45 minutes with a pressure cooker, too.)

I think they came close....they came across a couple George Foreman Grills

Archived