Boston Marathon Explosion(S)

cheesypeas

Sorry, but as soon as you start using Alex "SUICIDE PILLS!!!!!" Jones as a source for information, you know you're a lost cause.

Are you disputing the verifiable fact that SSR's cause a significantly increased risk of suicide and that they cause some people to go completely bananas and start shooting their classmates? You only need to read the information leaflet to see suicide as one of the most common side-effects. You don't need Alex Jones to tell you it.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you see I just don't get AJ. He just looks like a bad actor trotting out news items to whip up hysteria, all of which help the cause of the ever increasing police state.

I certainly share your suspicion, but what it should always come down to is whether claims are backed up by evidence. Alex Jones occasionally does those crazy rants and acts ridiculous on purpose to attract people to his radio show and website. There's method in the madness. Part of it is for entertainment. Don't forget that most people are completely brain dead zombies, so he has to make things interesting for them. On the other hand, there are some regular guests to his radio show who are clearly hysteria merchants. Gerald Celeste is one of them: every time he is on the show, he makes ridiculously melodramatic claims about the economy collapsing the following week and how everyone needs to buy gold and tins of beans to put in their bunkers because society is going to collapse. That guy is a complete phony.

Anyone who claims to have sneaked into Bohemian Grove with a camera and filmed it, considering how heavily securitised it is with the amount of 'VIP's' in there, deserves to be looked upon with their bullshit-ometer turned up.

Alex Jones' visit to Bohemian Grove is quite well-documented by UK journalist/presenter Jon Ronson, in his book "Them - Adventures with Extremists" which is quite good IMHO.

There's an extract at http://www.jonronson.com/them_bohemia.html, and some video clips of their sneaked-in time at Bohemian Grove. From the book, Jon Ronson seemed to find it pretty entertaining, and didn't seem to see the same side of things that Alex Jones did, probably because most of the sinister stuff seemed to be in Jones' head.

Justly or unjustly, Alex Jones does come across as a total paranoid nutcase, freaking out in his own illuminati fantasy amongst the rich and famous having a bit of conspiracy-themed barbecuing. Bohemian Grove sounds like fun, exactly what I'd do if I were rich and powerful enough to be able to wind up the Chemtrail/Lizardman/False Flag lunatics with some fake conspiracy "secrets".

Alex Jones' visit to Bohemian Grove is quite well-documented by UK journalist/presenter John Ronson, in his book "Them - Adventures with Extremists" which is quite good IMHO.

There's an extract at http://www.jonronson.com/them_bohemia.html, and some video clips of their sneaked-in time at Bohemian Grove. From the book, John Ronson seemed to find it pretty entertaining, and didn't seem to see the same side of things that Alex Jones did, probably because most of the sinister stuff seemed to be in Jones' head.

Justly or unjustly, Alex Jones does come across as a total paranoid nutcase, freaking out in his own illuminati fantasy amongst the rich and famous having a bit of conspiracy-themed barbecuing. Bohemian Grove sounds like fun, exactly what I'd do if I were rich and powerful enough to be able to wind up the Chemtrail/Lizardman/False Flag lunatics with some fake conspiracy "secrets".

Jones does play his role very well, as the drum beater for the right wing conspiracy theorists. He delivers exactly what they want to hear in the tone they like it delivered in. The guy is a tosser and discredits some of the admittedly good information he sometimes imparts simply because it comes out of his mouth or via his show. Which in my view is his job.

Jones does play his role very well, as the drum beater for the right wing conspiracy theorists. He delivers exactly what they want to hear in the tone they like it delivered in. The guy is a tosser and discredits some of the admittedly good information he sometimes imparts simply because it comes out of his mouth or via his show. Which in my view is his job.

Say what you want about Alex Jones, but he's 10 times better than any of the rubbish in the mainstream media.

Say what you want about Alex Jones, but he's 10 times better than any of the rubbish in the mainstream media.

They both play to different audiences. Both reading from a script.

I'm not so sure. I think some of his reporting on the massacre of children at Sandy Hook Elementary is disgusting, accusing bereaved parents of being hoaxers in some grand tinfoil-hat-truthers-chemtrail-lizardman scheme.

As a result, an elderly man that sheltered some of the kids who escaped the massacre scene reports that he's being harassed by chemtrail-lizardman loonies.

Can't say that that's really better than "rubbish" from the mainstream media.

Fascinating ... I have to admit I am intrigued at how many plots are discovered via random police stops.

I've read about it often enough to begin to be suspicious.

I suspect that some of these aren't random and are the result of intelligence which they don't want to disclose to the media, they have to plotters under surveillance the entire time, and then a decision is made to end it and a transport copper, or someone disguised as a transport copper, knowing there is huge back up behind him if needed, blue lights the bad guys.

If things go quietly it can be spun as a random stop, which protects the intelligence sources. If it goes "noisy" they are prepared with an SAS helicopter or whatever waiting hovering in the next valley along, but then loose the deniability that it was a random stop, putting the source at risk. That risk has to be balanced - it is good to protect a source, but only so far, if they need to compromise it, they will, but they try as much as possible to make the stop look like it was a random fluke.

Is that what happened in this case.

The way the story has been spun makes it look like it wasn't - my understanding is that they impounded the car, let the guys go, and only later realized what was going on!

Maybe the media has been manipulated and the reality wasn't like that, maybe they wanted to see who the bad guys would call after being released etc.

Such is the looking glass world of intelligence, and here is where conspiracy theories also breed!

I'm genuinely conflicted, I tend to follow the cock-up theory of history, and not the one where the lizard king controls all the levers, but quite a few terrorist cases are reported as being discovered by random checks. Admittedly most aspirant Jihadis are drawn from the looser demographic and so are likely to lack insurance, tax etc which makes them more open to being pulled over, but it is also convenient to cover the spooks' tracks with that type of story.

It is media manipulation to spin it as a random stop, but I don't think these sorts of lies automatically confirm Conspiracy Theorists rantings.

MI5 etc do know more about these people than they admit - duh obvious hey! And will lie to the media to protect their intelligence, but that doesn't mean things are a set up, nor make the people being followed stooges. The main point is that such intelligence work it is a balance of risks - is the intelligence gained by leaving potential terrorists to carry on and meet who they meet etc worth the risk they'll succeed in what they are planning.

In my view July 7th showed the intelligence services getting that calculation wrong, they'd thought the plotters were unimportant and low level. Lots of Conspiracy Theorists see the fact they were known to the spooks as proof they were stooges or whatever. I'm unconvinced, but do find these reports of random stops uncovering extremists intriguing. It does happen quite a lot, often enough for me to be a little unconvinced that it is the whole story.

I'm not so sure. I think some of his reporting on the massacre of children at Sandy Hook Elementary is disgusting, accusing bereaved parents of being hoaxers in some grand tinfoil-hat-truthers-chemtrail-lizardman scheme.

As a result, an elderly man that sheltered some of the kids who escaped the massacre scene reports that he's being harassed by chemtrail-lizardman loonies.

Can't say that that's really better than "rubbish" from the mainstream media.

To be fair the Sandy Hook massacre official story does have more holes in it than swiss cheese so you're going to find all kinds of people jumping to all kinds of conclusions if the manufactured story in the media doesn't ring true. In my opinion the likes of Alex Jones do spin things wayyyy out of all context and credibility but again, that may be his role. He's so over the top and full of bs that it detracts from any genuine questions being asked which may cast light on any inaccuracies that may be present. Gaps in official stories don't automatically signal a conspiracy but they might highlight areas intelligence services and government agencies may wish to keep out of the spotlight.

I'm not sure how "random" the stops are in these cases - a lot of stops these days are down to improved use of technology, ANPR systems in vehicles that automatically flag up untaxed/uninsured vehicles in passing, so the detection rate has gone up markedly in the past few years.

There's also some psychology involved - a surprising amount of crime is linked to vehicles that have been stopped for missing seatbelts, lack of tax/insurance, mobile phone use and the like. Studies have shown that people linked to trivial motoring offences such as parking in disabled spaces had a much higher chance of being involved in more serious crime, something that the Police have long recognized.

In one UK study, 1 in 3 of cars parked illegally in the study area were found to be linked to other offences such as unpaid tickets, drugs, assault, vehicle crime, theft and burglary. The study agreed with the conclusion that driving behaviour is linked to other behaviours and is part of a complex system linked to other social and attitudinal factors. Involvement in crime ties in with risk-taking behaviour, which manifests itself in the trivial as well as the serious.

In this case it just seems to have been a cock-up - perhaps if the jihadi had typed in the registration properly on the insurance website, they wouldn't have been flagged up by the ANPR system in the police vehicle - but, obviously the pressure of the situation, and the use of an unfamiliar registration, made it more prone to error, so the statistics worked against them there too.

To be fair the Sandy Hook massacre official story does have more holes in it than swiss cheese so you're going to find all kinds of people jumping to all kinds of conclusions if the manufactured story in the media doesn't ring true. In my opinion the likes of Alex Jones do spin things wayyyy out of all context and credibility but again, that may be his role. He's so over the top and full of bs that it detracts from any genuine questions being asked which may cast light on any inaccuracies that may be present. Gaps in official stories don't automatically signal a conspiracy but they might highlight areas intelligence services and government agencies may wish to keep out of the spotlight.

The problem with looking for "gaps" is that you fall victim to "confirmation bias" where you only evaluate evidence that agrees with your desired outcome, and discard all other evidence because it doesn't meet your bias.

The WTC7 focus of some chemtrail-lizardman-truthers is one example - they become obsessed with this one aspect of the picture because it meets their desired outcome, and the involvement of plane-hijacking jihadists becomes an irrelevance because of confirmation bias.

The problem with looking for "gaps" is that you fall victim to "confirmation bias" where you only evaluate evidence that agrees with your desired outcome, and discard all other evidence because it doesn't meet your bias.

The WTC7 focus of some chemtrail-lizardman-truthers is one example - they become obsessed with this one aspect of the picture because it meets their desired outcome, and the involvement of plane-hijacking jihadists becomes an irrelevance because of confirmation bias.

Not strictly true. A very valid point in the WTC7 argument is that fact that the BBC News anchor woman was reporting it had fallen whilst it was still visibly standing behind her in camera shot. Now she was obviously reading from a pre-scripted piece which contained false pieces of information/propaganda and not personal observation. What that does is it causes people to extrapolate that to the wider picture regarding the whole event and question what other pieces of media (dis)information we were subjected to. From there you obviously get the nutters who take it to the extreme and say there were no planes hit the towers and it was just a super-imposed illusion, which is preposterous, but that shouldn't stop the totally justified investigation into what other facts or fiction surrounded the whole event.

Alex Jones is a moron. If you can take him seriously after his "Promethius is Illuminati subliminal message" bollocks, you're an even bigger moron than he his.

Archived