5 Yr Old Boy Shoots 2 Year Old Sister, With His Own Gun

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/30/kentucky-shooting_n_3189828.html

5 year old shoots his own sister (aged 2) while playing with his own .22 rifle (that he was gifted with last year).

This says alot about the American obssession with firearms.

What is even sadder is that there is a junior range of guns, aimed specifically at pre-teens (and younger).

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing wrong here, going by the usual American logic when it comes to guns, is that the two year old didn't have a gun herself, so she could shoot back.

Terrible, not just the accident but the apparent joy taken in jumping on these tragedies by the anti-freedom lame stream media because they involved a gun.

Almost one child under the age of 5 drowns every day in swimming pools in the "wild west" but nobody talks about taking swimming pools away, why don't those kids get an article in the Huff?.

http://m.cnsnews.com/blog/stephen-gutowski/mother-uses-gun-protect-her-child-armed-intruders

Why didn't this get an article in the Huff?, see the pattern?.

I say ban bad parents and bias media.

Terrible, not just the accident but the apparent joy taken in jumping on these tragedies by the anti-freedom lame stream media because they involved a gun.

Almost one child under the age of 5 drowns every day in swimming pools in the "wild west" but nobody talks about taking swimming pools away, why don't those kids get an article in the Huff?.

http://m.cnsnews.com/blog/stephen-gutowski/mother-uses-gun-protect-her-child-armed-intruders

It's quite a good idea for 5 year olds to use swimming pools.

As long as they're supervised it's great exercise, and good muscle building.

5 year olds should not have guns. Even if supervised, all it takes is for them to turn around and accidentally pull the trigger. And we all know how clumsy children are. This can happen before the supervising adult can react (which is not the case with drowning).

But sure, draw bad parallels all you want I guess.

Swimming pools save more lives than guns do. Being able to swim is a more important skill for survival than being able to shoot a gun.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/30/kentucky-shooting_n_3189828.html

5 year old shoots his own sister (aged 2) while playing with his own .22 rifle (that he was gifted with last year).

This says alot about the American obssession with firearms.

What is even sadder is that there is a junior range of guns, aimed specifically at pre-teens (and younger).

I agree that a 5 yr old should not have a gun (surely that is already illegal?), but why are non-Americans so bothered about Americans and their constitutional right to bear arms? Guns are no more an "obsession" than cars. Plenty more people die in traffic accidents every day, yet there is no media frenzy to restrict people's right to drive or own cars.

I have no problem with Americans having their own guns - especially as I have no intention of visiting that country because its unlikely to become civilised within the course of the next several generations.. As a matter of fact, if they all shot one another, the world would probably be a better and much more peaceful place.

I have no problem with Americans having their own guns - especially as I have no intention that country because its unlikely to become civilised within the course of the next several generations.. As a matter of fact, if they all shot one another, the world would probably be a better and much more peaceful place.

World peace is dependent on Anglo-American hegemony.

Imperial dominance backed up by the use of overwhelming force can never be more than a temporary method of ensuring peace - and one that inevitably encourages others to gather arms and/or employ terrorist-guerrilla tactics to challenge the status quo.

Domination by virtue of force of arms will not lead to any lasting peace - and when the dominant force is represented by one of the stupidest nations on earth (USA) - the future looks bleak. Perhaps we should all start arming our kids?

Archived