5 Yr Old Boy Shoots 2 Year Old Sister, With His Own Gun

"It is the aim that every man bear a gun." - Thomas Jefferson

Now STFU

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security. [TJ]

No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms. [TJ]

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circlue of our felicities. [TJ]

+ 3 for Thomas Jefferson (the real one) on all accounts.

- 3 for Lonan for completely misinterpreting Thomas Jefferson (the real one) on all accounts.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now STFU

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security. [TJ]

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circlue of our felicities. [TJ]

- 3 for Lonan for completely misinterpreting Thomas Jefferson (the real one) on all accounts.

I'm afraid you are the one reading incorrectly into the posted quotes.

Now STFU

I'm afraid you are the one reading incorrectly into the posted quotes.

Sorry, but --- between the three of us --- I'm the only one remotely qualified to make an informed judgement about a cherry-picked, out-of-context Thomas Jefferson quote.

Sorry, but --- between the three of us --- I'm the only one remotely qualified to make an informed judgement about a cherry-picked, out-of-context Thomas Jefferson quote.

Perhaps you would care to enlighten us as to your reasoning? Especially since many of your posts would appear to support the notion that you're barely able to make an informed judgement about Enid Blyton quotes

That's the second time an idiot has posted that in this thread.

Has there been a more obvious case of someone being so unable to make their point that they have to resort to personal abuse?

Chuck Norris has spoken.

Yes... that does seem to be more your level.

Here's your level:

guns-dictators-agree-gun-control-works.j

Out of those 8, which of them are still alive or in power?

Of those 8, which ones well democratically elected?

Of those 8 who brought in gun control (although your understanding of their gun control and what is meant in todays society of gun control are two different things), which of them had popular public support for gun control?

I certainly do! A poster from a few gun-control assholes that rely on slogans and fear to present their case.

Did Gaddafi enforce gun control? No - he didn't!

"The Third Universal Theory heralds emancipation from the fetters of injustice, despotism, exploitation, and economic and political hegemony, for the purpose of establishing a society of all the people where all are free and share equally in authority, wealth and arms. Freedom will then triumph definitively and universally."

That, in effect, was why it became so difficult to remove a dictator - because the people were armed.

In Germany, for most of the time under the Weimar Republic, gun control was effective - it was only once restraints were removed that Hitler was able to achieve power.

I know its difficult to do any meaningful research on the Internet - because the gun lobby have flooded it with an incredible mass of paranoid misinformation - but at least making an attempt to do so rather than simply becoming another mouthpiece for the arms manufacturers must be worthwhile!

That's the second time an idiot has posted that in this thread.

> Has there been a more obvious case of someone being so unable to make their point that they have to resort to personal abuse?

I'm sorry if my obvious and completely justified contempt for the ignorant troll who defiles the name of Thomas Jefferson appears offensive in any way.

Archived