5 Yr Old Boy Shoots 2 Year Old Sister, With His Own Gun

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me the smart people want to evolve......

The gun nuts want to live in the past.

Obama could very well be the Jefferson of the future.

Seems to me that smart people don't trust the government/corporations to have a monopoly on violence.

Why does belief in an individual's right to bear arms make someone a "gun nut" who wants to live in the wild west; yet having thousands of nuclear missiles, submarines, ships, tanks, rocket launchers, billions of bullets, unmanned drones, and army bases all over the world doesn't make the government "gun nuts" who want to live in the wild west?

When you listen to some gun nuts you do get the impression they want to live in Wild West, when justice was attached to the hip and had 6 bullets in it.

Yup MDO

And I bet those people are the same splinless cowards who are to scared to go to a local pub in case they meet a "local character".

I am not a coward. I go everywhere without a gun. And I go to a lot of places.

Is the question too difficult for you?

Yes, please dumb it down into words I can understand, because right now I haven't got the slightest idea what relevance it has.

To obtain a licence, first you have to pass a written test, meet minimum health standards and then after a certain level of instruction (depending on the drivers capabilities) a practical test will take place. You can only pass this test by display a certain level of road knowledge, driving skill and safety awareness. In some countries its a licence for life and in some countries you have to resit your exam.

Now apply the same logic to a firearm, a fundamentally more dangerous device than a car......

Edit to add: I also find it strange that you have to have liability insurance for a car, yet you don't for a firearm....

When you listen to some gun nuts you do get the impression they want to live in Wild West, when justice was attached to the hip and had 6 bullets in it.

Yup MDO

And I bet those people are the same splinless cowards who are to scared to go to a local pub in case they meet a "local character".

They are also the same spineless cowards who like to talk all big and tough when they are packing, yet the thought of going to Iraq or Afghanistan makes them piss their pants.

To obtain a licence, first you have to pass a written test, meet minimum health standards and then after a certain level of instruction (depending on the drivers capabilities) a practical test will take place. You can only pass this test by display a certain level of road knowledge, driving skill and safety awareness. In some countries its a licence for life and in some countries you have to resit your exam.

Now apply the same logic to a firearm, a fundamentally more dangerous device than a car......

Edit to add: I also find it strange that you have to have liability insurance for a car, yet you don't for a firearm....

I am not arguing against needing a licence or some sort of basic competence to get a gun.

I don't like people having guns but I like the government having them even less. I support individual gun rights not because I think guns are cool or trendy but because they're an insurance policy against government tyranny and foreign invasion. If you think that is silly then perhaps you'll lobby the government to stop sending millions of our pounds to the UK for defence.

Yup MDO

They are also the same spineless cowards who like to talk all big and tough when they are packing, yet the thought of going to Iraq or Afghanistan makes them piss their pants.

Actually the pro 2A guys, the partiots etc are the guys who fought for their rights in war. My cousin for one is a Vietnam vet, so much for spineless cowards you prick.

Yes, please dumb it down into words I can understand, because right now I haven't got the slightest idea what relevance it has.

Driving a car is a privilege, the 2A is an irrevocable Right. Big difference.

Yup MDO

They would shit their pants if they went drinking where I go drinking MDO :-)

What part of well regulated militia applies to someone walking around town with an AR15 strapped to their back?

Actually the pro 2A guys, the partiots etc are the guys who fought for their rights in war. My cousin for one is a Vietnam vet, so much for spineless cowards you prick.

Are all pro 2nd amendment guys veterans? Or are the vast majority wannabes? Moron.

I'm not really wanting to get drawn into this internet bun fight but two things:

1) The Bill of Rights is only applicable to the USA, so people on this thread aren't comparing apples with apples; and

2) It is revocable as the Bill of Rights can be amended, whether there is the will or desire to do is another matter.

Yup MDO

ah.. your cousin. So your a genetic hero.....

Archived