Fire Crews Attacked By Youths

Mortal Wombat

Respect is earned, not administered.

Perfectly true, but I think respect also has to be taught. By the time we start ranting and raving about the behaviour of young people - it's too late. A good deal of the problem stems from parents who simply don't know how to say "no" to their children, and make it stick. The kids grow up believing that there don't have to be any restrictions on their manners or their behaviour.

As parents, we have to understand that we have responsibilities to teach our children that there are rules in society which exist for the benefit of everyone - and we have to stop shuffling that responsibility off onto schools, social workers, police and all the other so-called experts.

If we want a decent society where we can all enjoy the benefits of our beautiful island, we have to begin by facing up to our own responsibilities.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PS.  Heit Hitler!:P

It's HEIL HITLER - if you are abusing my language with outdated, non-to-be-used phrases, do it right - detailed report about this act of disrespect has already been sent to ze Obersturmbannfuehrer at ze Hauptquartier - we will speak to you shortly, mein Herr   :angry:

Sorry, i'm not a real Nazi.

i think it's all to do with there being too many people condensed into small areas. no-one knows anyone else, and that creates an atmosphere of fear in some people. i think we are all too frightened, of each other and the reason for that is the Devils Window.

That applies to TV, and especially the internet, who hasn't made a typo on a popular website and been confronted with something nasty? kids seek this stuff out, they want to see it, but i think it's too much and it corrupts young minds and screws them up.

too much violence on tv. too much of anything you wanna stick into google on the internet.

So, i have revised my original ideas about beating and shooting and am now settling for banning tv and internet for anyone under 18 oh, and curfews, no-one is allowed out after 8pm without a permit.

yes. i think that's everything.

Archived