"victim" Of "bedroom Tax" Commits Suicide

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too mention she was offered cheaper accomodation, but she refused it because "it was too far away".

Boohoo. I didn't realise being on benefits and living in a council meant you got to be so choosey about where you lived.

Somehow I can't see too many turning up for your funeral.

1. Not a truck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi1AIS6QBEw

2. The front of it didn't hit him

3. Non comparable.

1. So you know the type of vehicle that was involved in the accident? Or are we sticking with the general term "truck"

2. If you listened to the article, they clearly said he was hit and then dragged under the vehicle.

3. Accept it, I showed you that you can be hit by a truck and survive.

You can be hit and dragged under the tyre from walking into where the tyre is. He was almost 100% certainly not hit by the front of the vehicle.

And yes, "truck" in the UK means lorry. So significantly larger and heavier.

1. Not a truck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi1AIS6QBEw

3. Non comparable.

1. So you know the type of vehicle that was involved in the accident? Or are we sticking with the general term "truck"

2. If you listened to the article, they clearly said he was hit and then dragged under the vehicle.

You can be hit and dragged under the tyre from walking into where the tyre is. He was almost 100% certainly not hit by the front of the vehicle.

And yes, "truck" in the UK means lorry. So significantly larger and heavier.

Why are you still arguing about the £20? It doesn't have much to do with it. It doesn't take a genius of TJ-like calibre to work out that the press have seized on this particular aspect of the story because it suits their agenda. In her they have found a martyr to the hated bedroom tax. She didn't kill herself because of £20 but because she was ill. In her mental state the smallest of worries can seem insurmountably huge - it could have been any other small problem that she thought she could not deal with; the article mentions that she had health issues.

Having sympathy and understanding for her and other people with similar problems does not that mean we cannot also disapprove of their actions, but we should view their actions in light of their problems. Nor does having sympathy for her bar us from sympathising with the driver of the lorry.

MDO seems to be having trouble grasping all of these ideas. All of his fury is quite revolting and stupid because it's directed not at political idealist who martyred themselves for a cause, but at a mentally and physically ill lady whose problems got the better of her.

All of his fury is quite revolting and stupid because it's directed not at political idealist who martyred themselves for a cause, but at a mentally and physically ill lady whose problems got the better of her.

My, how dramatic. And quite wrong. I am pissed that she has been labelled a victim, when the only victim in this is the poor lorry driver.

Why are you still arguing about the £20? It doesn't have much to do with it. It doesn't take a genius of TJ-like calibre to work out that the press have seized on this particular aspect of the story because it suits their agenda. In her they have found a martyr to the hated bedroom tax. She didn't kill herself because of £20 but because she was ill. In her mental state the smallest of worries can seem insurmountably huge - it could have been any other small problem that she thought she could not deal with; the article mentions that she had health issues.

Having sympathy and understanding for her and other people with similar problems does not that mean we cannot also disapprove of their actions, but we should view their actions in light of their problems. Nor does having sympathy for her bar us from sympathising with the driver of the lorry.

MDO seems to be having trouble grasping all of these ideas. All of his fury is quite revolting and stupid because it's directed not at political idealist who martyred themselves for a cause, but at a mentally and physically ill lady whose problems got the better of her.

I e changed my stance somewhat....Vulgarian, you have put up a very good point, I didn't even think about how she would have been quite ill and the newspapers exploiting that. Although I have known and loved people who have been at the depths of despair and taken their own lives I really don't know much about it at all it seems.

I retract my previous posts and feel rather foolish to have formed an opinion based on sensationalist headlines.

It's all very sad and tragic.

1. Not a truck http://www.youtube.com/watch

?v=hi1AIS6QBEw

3. Non comparable.

2. If you listened to the article, they clearly said

he was hit and then dragged under the vehicle.

Pathetic point scoring in light of a very sad event

Says the person excusing the actions of a selfish person....

No. A person trying to show compassion and understand the bigger picture.

+1 Absolutely spot on!

I e changed my stance somewhat....Vulgarian, you have put up a very good point, I didn't even think about how she would have been quite ill and the newspapers exploiting that. Although I have known and loved people who have been at the depths of despair and taken their own lives I really don't know much about it at all it seems.

I retract my previous posts and feel rather foolish to have formed an opinion based on sensationalist headlines.

It's all very sad and tragic.

This is why I enjoy reading and commenting on MF. Its great listening to opinions and thoughts of others......and occasionally admitting that maybe we got it wrong. Mental illness is just that....an illness which very few seem to have an understanding.

All of his fury is quite revolting and stupid because it's directed not at political idealist who martyred themselves for a cause, but at a mentally and physically ill lady whose problems got the better of her.

My, how dramatic. And quite wrong. I am pissed that she has been labelled a victim, when the only victim in this is the poor lorry driver.

And this lady isn't?

All of his fury is quite revolting and stupid

because it's directed not at political idealist who martyred themselves for a cause, but at a mentally and physically ill lady whose problems got the better of her.

And this lady isn't?

Don't waste your breath TTIOT. I have tried but MDO has a single minded closed view on the world which lacks compassion. I wouldn't bother.

And this lady isn't?

NO

And this lady isn't?

No. She choose to destroy as many other lives as possible in some attention grabbing, drama queen fashion.

Would you all be so sympathetic if she had caused a bigger accident?

Archived