Jihad In Paris

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have arrested the twat. "Has been a follower of radical Islam for four years".

http://news.sky.com/story/1096781/paris-soldier-stabbing-suspect-arrested

What a shock. Will the people on their high horses accusing me of jumping to the conclusions now retract their abuse? Didn't think so.

I assume you're referring to me. I don't see any need to get off any high horse and certainly don't recall abusing you in this thread. The fact is you jumped to the muslim conclusion without any evidence at the time, the article you initially referenced certainly didn't mention it. So it turns out you were right (I did subsequently say you may be right or you may be wrong) but I can't condone jumping to conclusions. Whilst I don't agree with much of what you post on here I do respect that you genuinely appear to believe what you post, don't lower yourself to the level of those EDL morons.

They have arrested the twat. "Has been a follower of radical Islam for four years".

What a shock. Will the people on their high horses accusing me of jumping to the conclusions now retract their abuse? Didn't think so.

I agree with Mojo - The point was you jumped to a conclusion without any evidence which showed a prejudice in your thinking. No apology needed from anyone as we all acknowledged that you might be right but that you had no supporting evidence at the time.

I agree with Mojo - The point was you jumped to a conclusion without any evidence which showed a prejudice in your thinking. No apology needed from anyone as we all acknowledged that you might be right but that you had no supporting evidence at the time.

What a load of PC bollocks.

What a load of PC bollocks.

Yes. Same sort of PC bollocks that insists little old ladies have to be searched at airports in the same proportion as asians.

Yes. Same sort of PC bollocks that insists little old ladies have to be searched at airports in the same proportion as asians.

We were at an airport a few weeks ago, a busy hub, and someone asked us to carry one of their bags through security. I was surprised because I didn't think that ever actually happens.

Fortunately they were white and quite pretty so I guess you would be okay with that.

We were at an airport a few weeks ago, a busy hub, and someone asked us to carry one of their bags through security. I was surprised because I didn't think that ever actually happens.

Fortunately they were white and quite pretty so I guess you would be okay with that.

I wouldn't do it (why would anyone?) but yes, on the balance of probabilities I'd be somewhat less concerned about it than if they were Arab and hairy faced.

Spare us the attempt at bleeding heart liberal humour.

I wouldn't do it (why would anyone?) but yes, on the balance of probabilities I'd be somewhat less concerned about it than if they were Arab and hairy faced.

The little old lady you aren't worried about might not be too concerned either. Which is the point. Airports can be confusing places. Especially if you are jet lagged. Someone who seems nice asks you a favour.

The little old lady you aren't worried about might not be too concerned either. Which is the point. Airports can be confusing places. Especially if you are jet lagged. Someone who seems nice asks you a favour.

Very true. Be suspicious of everyone. Trust no-one. You can't be too careful these days can you, THEY could be lurking round every corner. Better to be safe than sorry. See it, report it.

We can be sure of one thing. If the pretty young white girl turns out to be a suicide bomber or cut throat murderer it will get blanket coverage on the BBC.

I'm sure they've already got an identikit one already lined up.

It was not prejudice; it was an obvious case of statistical probability. Given the Muslim demographics of former French colonies in North Africa (at least 95%), and of the North African community in Paris (at least 90%), and the obvious unlikelihood of a Christian from a former French colony in North Africa stabbing a Parisian police officer, I'd say it was an open and shut case before it was even reported.

Archived