3 Screens Or More?

Lonan3

After al the doom and gloom that we normally have on the local news forum, isn't it pleasant to be able to say that - at long last - someone has noticed that there are lots of cinema fans on the island. Today's news about Sefton Hotel Plc taking over the palace group appears to mean that more screens will be coming. The report (IoM Examiner, page 1) says that it 'is a case of when, not if, a third screen is built.' It even goes on to say that there is a possibility of the whole thing eventually being re-built - with extra screens - in a more central location.

Anyone have any ideas where that might be?

Palace were supposed to be adding a third screen a few years back, then no further mention.

If Sefton extend the building, then wouldn't that slow down the development of a new site? Seems to contradict itself unless,

/speculate: the land is for future development (perhaps with the former Lido site?)

Irrespective of future long term plans, sounds like good news.

What about where index are?? I beleive that they are leaving the island or something, not sure if this is true or not?

It would be kind of ironic considering it used to be a cinema years ao!!

It would be nice to have a cinema which was wheelchair accessible, so yeah, I suppose this is good news.  If they build a new one, it will have to be.

According to the Palace Cinema's website, they're waiting for the govt to decide on the disabled access legislation before making the required changes.

It would be nice to have a cinema which was wheelchair accessible, so yeah, I suppose this is good news.  If they build a new one, it will have to be.

According to the Palace Cinema's website, they're waiting for the govt to decide on the disabled access legislation before making the required changes.

MLC George Waft has battled for years for proper facilities for the disabled.

I hope now he is being heard. :)

After all the doom and gloom that we normally have on the local news forum, isn't it pleasant to be able to say that - at long last - someone has noticed that there are lots of cinema fans on the island.  Today's news about Sefton Hotel Plc taking over the palace group appears to mean that more screens will be coming. 

(Apart from closing Tramshunters !) I like Sefton Hotel plc and it's philosophies for the Isle of Man. I realise it is owned by shareholders but the bloke that speaks for them seems intelligent and honest. A rare thing on this Island of ours . . .

Lets hope the seats are bigger and there is more leg room, it spoils the film being all squashed in.

When i was in the states they have seating like arm chairs you nearly fall asleep in em they are that comfy.

Archived