Jasonc

Hello, we're looking for:

2+ bedroom house or bungalow located at the North of the Island

Oil fired central heating, or mains gas, and double glazed

Garage

Garden

Long let

Suitable for 2 house trained cats, and fitting of microchip catflap

Ability to fix a metal cabinet to a solid wall (garage)

No children, no smokers

Both professional workers

Must be well maintained and modern fittings.

Not interested in apartments/flats etc

Please PM with details.

Thanks

Jason

Hello, we're looking for:

2+ bedroom house or bungalow located at the North of the Island

Oil fired central heating, or mains gas, and double glazed

Garage

Garden

Long let

Suitable for 2 house trained cats, and fitting of microchip catflap

Ability to fix gun cabinet to a solid wall (garage)

No children, no smokers

Both professional workers

Must be well maintained and modern fittings.

Not interested in apartments/flats etc

Please PM with details.

Thanks

Jason

Not really meant to do this...however

gun cabinet?

I was going to make the same remark. Without wishing to derail the thread, I'd say that mention of a gun cabinet may not make you seem like ideal tenants to a lot of property owners.

What a ridiculous statement, providing they can provide a gun license surely it proves their a trustworthy individual?, people with gun licenses tend to stay out of trouble because otherwise their license would be revoked.

I was going to make the same remark. Without wishing to derail the thread, I'd say that mention of a gun cabinet may not make you seem like ideal tenants to a lot of property owners.

Would you not agree that it is only fair that any potential landlords understand that such equipment would be stored within their property?

What a ridiculous statement, providing they can provide a gun license surely it proves their a trustworthy individual?, people with gun licenses tend to stay out of trouble because otherwise their license would be revoked.

Thank you NeverAgain, I agree completely. Anyone with a license has been through the application process, had character references made, interview and home visits.

I should have known better than to bother posting.

p.s. I said 'gun cabinet' not a list of firearms I may or may not have, nor is there any of my personal details listed, which could result in members of the public having knowledge of where, if and what may be stored at this said address - hence asking for PM only.

Please don't suggest there be any discrimination type remarks about someone who abides by the law and routes through the correct procedures. I make every effort to be completely transparent when it comes to such a topic.

The concern should be at the thought of those unlicensed individuals who shoot herring gulls from a flat window in Ramsey. I wonder if that tenant was open and honest with their landlord, and asked to fit a cabinet...

Do you still believe that I've done wrong by stating the truth? I think not.

My apologies - that wasn't my intention. I was merely pointing out that - however legitimate and properly kept - there may well be landlords who don't like the idea of firearms being kept on their property. I only mentioned it after someone else raised the subject and, yes, you would be quite right to inform potential landlords.

As a holder of a regulated weapons license myself my only comment would be that should you want to locate the cabinet in 'the garage' the said garage must be attached to the house and not a free standing affair. I am however sure you already knew that.

Best of luck with the search, if I had such a property I would gladly rent it to you.

My apologies - that wasn't my intention. I was merely pointing out that - however legitimate and properly kept - there may well be landlords who don't like the idea of firearms being kept on their property. I only mentioned it after someone else raised the subject and, yes, you would be quite right to inform potential landlords.

Which is probably why he raised it, any one with half a brain would have got that one.

People really do need to stop fagging up other posters classified ad's.

You 'may' think you know better or 'may' think you're funny but every time someone posts in one of these threads, they're wasting the time of the person who initiated the thread in the first place.

Yes, I realise I have done the same thing by making this post but clearly the point needs to be made once again.

If you're not interested in buying an item, or renting it or offering something for sale that someone wants or have a property to let/sell get the fuck out of this part of the forum and leave it for those that are interested.

There's plenty of other topics/forums to participate in/troll as it is already.

ETA: If you feel the need to take me to task for this post, PM me instead of fagging the thread up further.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, have a property in KM matching your requirements, although no garage! Not able to do long let, but available end of Sept to end of April. If interested let me know.

Thanks but sorry it wouldn't be worth the hassle moving for a few months only to have to do it again. We're looking for somewhere to settle down

Thanks

Archived