Wanted: Mow My Lawn

prospero

Farmhill / Ballaquark area. 15 pounds per mow. Should take 30-45 minutes, no more. Bring own mower and take cuttings down to dump (do not leave them in my wheelie bin). Some track record of service in this area. Prompt payment. About once every 3-4 weeks during growing season.

Farmhill / Ballaquark area. 15 pounds per mow. Should take 30-45 minutes, no more. Bring own mower and take cuttings down to dump (do not leave them in my wheelie bin). Some track record of service in this area. Prompt payment. About once every 3-4 weeks during growing season.

3-4 weeks in the growing season? think you might need it every week or you would need an industrial mower. If it's a field, how about some livestock? Rent out to someone for this purpose? Buy a sit on mower? Compost heap for cuttings?

Just trying to help!

I wasn't 'commenting' , just giving some what I hope was, helpful advice. Lawns grow really quickly at this time of year and someone who mows for a living would prefer doing a professional job once a week, rather than a bad job very three or so weeks. Lawn would look much better that way and if you want someone else to mow it, you obviously want it to look nice and take great pride in it. Composting has an added bonus of becoming mulch for the flower beds. Any good gardener would appreciate a free source of that.

Steady on. Silentsnitchybob will at this moment be at ans's front door, purple with rage, insisting his cosy mod mate bans everyone on the island before viewing his latest usb stick packed full of images of workers leaning on shovels. bleatybob...... thumbsup.gif

Petrol for a mower would cost a couple of quid, fuel to get out to tip with all cuttings a fiver or so, plus the cost of getting to the location in question, basically makes it worthless for most.

not forgetting dumping commercial waste costs at the tip but the op wants everyone on the island to pay for his waste-pikeys are alive and well on the rock

Ok, I was trying to be nice but,

OP, a 'please' would have been nice in your post.

Try: Help needed for lawn mowing.

Hi, I need help mowing my lawn. Would like it mown once every three to four weeks, but am open to suggestions as to frequency. Would prefer you didn't fill my wheelie bin with cuttings and would need you to supply your own mower, so you would probably need to be in the garden maintenance business. I was thinking of about £15-20 for the job? Please PM me. Thanks

thumbsup.gif

Really can't understand these comments, what world do you people live in? £15 for 40 mins work is perfectly reasonable! Petrol for a mower would be about £2, strimmer probably £1 max? I used to do gardening work all the time and never charged more than £20 an hour.

Petrol to job, from job, to tip, from tip, petrol for mower and strimmer. I reckon at least £8.

40 mins to cut and say 20 to bag it and travel to/from tip for disposal.

That leaves £7 for an hours physical (light) work tops. Where do I enrol?

Archived