So Where's The Next Riot Going To Be?

Cliff

Top 3 countries likely to have severe problems  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A friend of mine retired to Spain a few years back. It was a smart move at the time. It's turned out to be a complete and utter disaster - not what you need at his time of life.

Chatting to him last week he was saying that due to various factors (family, church, even General Franco!) it hasn't really kicked off yet but he's pretty sure it will. According to him if/when it does it will be really bad.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine retired to Spain a few years back. It was a smart move at the time. It's turned out to be a complete and utter disaster - not what you need at his time of life.

Chatting to him last week he was saying that due to various factors (family, church, even General Franco!) it hasn't really kicked off yet but he's pretty sure it will. According to him if/when it does it will be really bad.

I'm sure British people retiring there and buying up properties and pushing up the house prices hasn't done young Spanish people any favours.

Spain is a huge country TJ. Immigration (by many nationalities not just ones that suit your mindset) is limited to a relatively small part of it.

A good mate of mine married a Spanish lady and after living there for a decade, they have returned to the UK for many reasons but one of them is the one described by PK.

Same here.

A friend bought property over there and the Government altered the tax system that is different from residents.

Had to move back and lost a lot of money in the process.

Interesting that someone mentioned Slovenia. I was there recently and the unrest may still be bubbling beneath the surface but the atmosphere is very disturbed.

http://atlanticsentinel.com/2013/04/mounting-unrest-could-force-slovenia-to-seek-aid/

When the world financial crisis hit, Slovenia, like many other European countries, postponed fiscal adjustment and posted deficits equivalent to 6 percent of gross domestic product. Prime Minister Janez Janša’s right wing government implemented spending reductions and reforms starting early last year to bring down the shortfall but met strong opposition from seniors, students and welfare recipients who were mainly affected by the cuts.

Hmmm... where does that remind me of?

Balamory seems the most likely hotbed of political unrest, it seems Suzie Sweet and Penny Pocket have been plotting with PC Plum to stage a military coup d'état, goodness knows where that will leave Balamory.....on the one hand a Military Junta is what is required as the residents have taken to orgies and hedonism which in turn is a serious threat to the fabric of this society and yet the oppressive nature of a Junta will also tear this once clos knot community to shreds.

It's delicately poised with regard to the future of this once peaceful and law abiding place, it could all go 'Pete Tong' at any moment, if the authorities took Suzie or Penny out another cell would take their place.

...goodness knows where that will leave Balamory.....

It always tickles me that Archie the Inventor (aka Miles Jupp) has turned out to be quite a good comedian and comic actor.

Aye, from humble beginnings....

He's better than quite good, I just feel that he hasn't got the exposure or oportunities others have.

You wanna watch 'Big cook, Little cook' double entendres abound.

Balamory seems the most likely hotbed of political unrest, it seems Suzie Sweet and Penny Pocket have been plotting with PC Plum to stage a military coup d'état, goodness knows where that will leave Balamory.....on the one hand a Military Junta is what is required as the residents have taken to orgies and hedonism which in turn is a serious threat to the fabric of this society and yet the oppressive nature of a Junta will also tear this once clos knot community to shreds.

It's delicately poised with regard to the future of this once peaceful and law abiding place, it could all go 'Pete Tong' at any moment, if the authorities took Suzie or Penny out another cell would take their place.

Scary!

The amount of time you spend on here lately indicates you got the sack, or lots of extended leave, for bollixing up Onchan village lights.

Try not to spiral downwards mentally; there is always a way back.

Balamory...

Scary!

The amount of time you spend on here lately indicates you got the sack, or lots of extended leave, for bollixing up Onchan village lights.

Are you saying "Matt's lights are on, but no one can get home?"

Domino, on 01 Jul 2013 - 03:02, said:

Matt Bawden, on 30 Jun 2013 - 19:58, said:

Scary!

Two reasons, I generally don't take leave in big blocks but take a day here, a few days there and as stated previously i lie in the bedroom with my children after story time and after we've had a calm and relaxed chat with each other I access MF on my phone.....plus I thought this subject needed lightening up, but hey, you crack on and be 'all serious' about everything in life.

Oh, and just to add that I didn't wreck the tarffic signals, I and my Team did our job and completed our task successfully thanks. By the way a domino is good for nothing on it's own...possibly a very apt nom de plume?

I'd like to see riots/demonstrations in every country in the world. It's about time the public fought back against the parasites that have sat at the top of the tree for too long. Share the wealth.

Archived