Australia - Almost As Backward As Islam?

Endovelicus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saying that Julia Gillard was sacked because of sexism is simply untrue. The fact of the matter is that she was unreservedly incompetent, made a whole series of bad decisions, and was simply a bad Prime Minister.

It's worth noting that her replacement's popularity amongst women has substantially increased.

The article linked in the original post of this thread has very little relationship with reality, and given the author's close connection with Gillard, it can be almost entirely discounted.

Saying that Julia Gillard was sacked because of sexism is simply untrue. The fact of the matter is that she was unreservedly incompetent, made a whole series of bad decisions, and was simply a bad Prime Minister.

It's worth noting that her replacement's popularity amongst women has substantially increased.

The article linked in the original post of this thread has very little relationship with reality, and given the author's close connection with Gillard, it can be almost entirely discounted.

http://www.allenandunwin.com/default.aspx?page=94&book=9781742379227

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see. As much as I detest her sympathy and identification with Christianity in her politics, she does seem less childish than so many of the Australian politicians I have read about on occasions.

This doesn't make any sense. Julia Gillard was Australia's first self-identifying athiest Prime Minister.

Here's a link confirming this: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/pm-tells-it-as-she-sees-it-on-the-god-issue-20100629-zjad.html

It seems that it would be better to judge her on the quality of her ideas or the content of her character, rather than her religious beliefs.

Archived