Summerland 40Th Anniversary

irishone

I see the appeal to sign the petition raises its head again in the paper today, "Surge in Support for the Summerland Petition, claiming now many have signed the petition for nothing to be built on the Summerland site, for it to be a complete memorial, after an article in the Liverpool Echo many in the North West are signing, the last claim a month or so back, was the world wide support for the petition. The article continues that over 200? have signed the online petition.

I have complete Respect for those who lost their lives, and as I said and many others did, following the recent ceremony for the opening of the Memorial Monuments & Garden Area, which are very respectful. I am at a loss why we can't move on and always remember, but no way should the whole Summerland site be designated as a memorial forever!

The Petition is going to be presented to Infrastructure Minister David Cretne on the 1st November, I really hope he will show respect to the petitioners, and many signatures will be ones who sign any petition to express sympathy to any appeal, but tell them we have shown Respect and we will Never Forget Them!

On the IOM Today website for some reason, they are not allowing comments? or not on my laptop.

Only 200 signatures clearly shows there is no mass appetite for islanders agreeing to this. The lady should realise this and accept the fact.

No doubt if the petition was opened up to the world via facebook, you'd soon get 100K people signing it. That still doesn't mean it is their, or the right, decision.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Dear...

She disagrees with the official theory that the fire was sparked by three boys smoking in a disused kiosk next to a crazy golf course.

She said: “I’ve never believed it, I think they just wanted a scapegoat.

“I firmly believe that the faulty electrics caused that fire, because everything was going wrong on that night.

(from 3rd August 2013, was this not posted before?)

Coupled with this interview from MTTV it does make one wonder.

Edited by RonnieD

I was not aware of this. It makes me feel stupid. Perhaps I trust the establishment too much.

Seems a bit silly having a huge inquiry with some of the top and most expensive QCs and their sidekick Manx advocates over here for a few months just to cover stuff up in the interest of the Isle of Man.

Ah well. You live and learn.

RonnieD: I've no idea if there's any truth in this, and it's very easy (perhaps too easy ?) to believe there might be; but never, ever, trust the Manx establishment. If there is any truth in this theory, then it'll take someone with a mighty shovel to dig it up again, and it won't be anyone from the Island either. It'll have to come from outside. It might be something for the people behind the recent Facebook petition to consider.

• Like 1

The woman in the MTTV video said her sister's account is in the newspapers and to read it in the museum.

A colleague of mine has occasion to visit the museum and newspapers. He says there are newspapers microfilmed from hundreds of years ago to the 1980s. Loads of them all nicely available for your delectation.

This is the microfilm for the Isle of Man Examiner of 10th August 1973:

post-12820-0-85825500-1379250180_thumb.jpg

Did anybody preserve their own copy of the newspaper they bought at the time? It is quite possible that copies remain in private hands on the island.

What are people wanting to see, hear or find out?

Indeed, Manxy...

Do i hear a faint rustle of tin-foil...?

Indeed, Manxy...

Do i hear a faint rustle of tin-foil...?

I have recently found out that the manufacturers of tin foil, under direction from the NSA, CIA and MI6, have made it possible for it to be used as a two way transmitter between the individuals and government satellites.

It now means that Government can not only read the thoughts of any gullible enough to wear it on their head but also plant thoughts into their minds. You have been warned!!!