Summerland 40Th Anniversary

irishone

I just hope that whatever happens with the site is not a load more flats or another concrete monstrosity like the "new" Summerland was.

High quality flats with a memorial garden in front would work, but the cost of stabilising the cliff will be high - I think it's very young rock.

Who in their right mind would want to to live in a flat in that place? There's no diplomatic way to say this so I'll just say it: the place is totally haunted.

You would get a great view of those chemical spraying aeroplanes though

I wouldn't bother with recommending a helmet BR, anyone closely related to TJ is likely already quite retarded so I doubt further impairment through head injuries is a major concern.

My nephew is extremely gifted, intelligent and very kind. He will make a brilliant engineer one day.

So he's related by marriage only then?

I wouldn't bother with recommending a helmet BR, anyone closely related to TJ is likely already quite retarded so I doubt further impairment through head injuries is a major concern.

My nephew is extremely gifted, intelligent and very kind. He will make a brilliant engineer one day.

He's my sister's son. He gets his brains from his mother.

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

He's my sister's son. He gets his brains from his mother.

So you're adopted then

I'm only in my 20's so it's not as if there is any more or less today than there was when I was growing up.

Being indoors playing on computer games is a poor substitute for being outdoors in the warm embrace of Mother Nature.

I'm in my twenties also and there is a big difference I think! We had summer land, carnivals fun runs. I am not asking for a complex containing x-boxes I,m askin for roller skating live shows competitions and play areas like we used to have! My daughter does not sit playing computers and watching TV, she does read a lot though. Your rage against computers doesn't mean they shouldn't build an entertainment complex! Edited by ConcernedAnon

I'm only in my 20's so it's not as if there is any more or less today than there was when I was growing up.

Being indoors playing on computer games is a poor substitute for being outdoors in the warm embrace of Mother Nature.

I'm in my twenties also and there is a big difference I think! We had summer land, carnivals fun runs. I am not asking for a complex containing x-boxes I,m askin for roller skating live shows competitions and play areas like we used to have! My daughter does not sit playing computers and watching TV, she does read a lot though. Your rage against computers doesn't mean they shouldn't build an entertainment complex!

Summerland was shit. Carnivals only came once a year.

I'm in my twenties also and there is a big difference I think! We had summer land, carnivals fun runs. I am not asking for a complex containing x-boxes I,m askin for roller skating live shows competitions and play areas like we used to have! My daughter does not sit playing computers and watching TV, she does read a lot though. Your rage against computers doesn't mean they shouldn't build an entertainment complex!

That's just your opinion

That's just your opinion

What do you mean, "just" my opinion? Everyone is entitled to their opinions and there is nothing wrong with having them.

I mean exactly what I said that's just your opinion, so you think that because you didn't like it we shouldn't have one an that all kids should be outdoors even if they don't want to. I think your narrow minded I'm not into BMX bikes but I object to them making a BMX track. That is what I'm saying so have a chill. Your life must be full of drama if you get so offended by a non offensive debate!

Summerland held indoor BMX races in the winter months, it also had a cinema and a good night club.

I would hardly call that sh1t

Summerland held indoor BMX races in the winter months, it also had a cinema and a good night club.

I would hardly call that sh1t

I remember going to watch Stargate at Summerland back in 1994.

You say that you are "in your twenties" , you remember going to Summerland to watch Stargate in 1994, yet you reckon Summerland was, in your words "shit".

How old were you when you formed such a strong opinion ?