The World Is Watching

ScotsAlan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post Office missed out on the delivery, but could have pulled it back if they called themselves the Royal Male

Whilst this headline grabbing 'Royal Birth' takes precedent are there any other significant negative news stories (or bad news for Governments) been buried?

The government trying to take control of the internet via the back door is reasonably significant, although it has leaked out amongst the vomit-inducing fawning we are seeing at the moment.

Some real angry people about, a family have had their first child instead of all the sniping why not just be happy for them. I can't believe the anger towards the royal family I have never met them and as far as I know they have never harmed me or my family, would hate to see some peoples reactions to something that actually affects their life.

Some real angry people about, a family have had their first child instead of all the sniping why not just be happy for them. I can't believe the anger towards the royal family I have never met them and as far as I know they have never harmed me or my family, would hate to see some peoples reactions to something that actually affects their life.

Perhaps you can't understand that not everyone is a royalist? That the birth of a baby - any baby - may well be a cause of great joy to its parents, relatives and family friends, but it isn't normally spread over page after page of every newspaper and almost every internet site - not to mention 24-hour coverage on dozens of TV channels.

Personally, I have no problem with this young couple - they seem to be pleasant and well-adjusted people. What I do have a bit of a problem with is the ridiculous and pathetic sycophancy of incredibly stupid people who think it's the most important thing that's currently happening in the world.

I can't believe the anger towards the royal family I have never met them and as far as I know they have never harmed me or my family

Do you mean the present-day royal family or do you mean the entire royal family back to 1066?

Certainly, Kate and William haven't harmed a fly. On the other hand, if you go back in time......

Perhaps you can't understand that not everyone is a royalist? That the birth of a baby - any baby - may well be a cause of great joy to its parents, relatives and family friends, but it isn't normally spread over page after page of every newspaper and almost every internet site - not to mention 24-hour coverage on dozens of TV channels.

Personally, I have no problem with this young couple - they seem to be pleasant and well-adjusted people. What I do have a bit of a problem with is the ridiculous and pathetic sycophancy of incredibly stupid people who think it's the most important thing that's currently happening in the world.

Well said

+1

I can't believe the anger towards the royal family I have never met them and as far as I know they have never harmed me or my family

Do you mean the present-day royal family or do you mean the entire royal family back to 1066?

Certainly, Kate and William haven't harmed a fly. On the other hand, if you go back in time......

You can't use that argument surely, it's akin to all black people holding us personally responsible and accountable for slavery.

You could say that the Royal Family throughout history upto and including now are a bunch of c**ts.

You can't use that argument surely, it's akin to all black people holding us personally responsible and accountable for slavery.

You could say that the Royal Family throughout history upto and including now are a bunch of c**ts.

They haven't all been c**ts. There have been some decent monarchs.

Archived