Iom Courier/carrier For 'my Hermes'.

hagar the horrible

2 hours ago, Augustus said:

They do seem to be scraping the barrel in terms of the people they use.

The chap who does ours is very helpful and friendly. Older bloke in a white van. Obviously works very hard.

2 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

I'll get his reg. number next time if I see him...........

How would that help someone get in touch with him?

They are freelancers working self employed, rather confusingly whilst most round my way are delivered from a tatty white van, some come via Manx Independent Carriers vans that are borrowed by self employed Hermes drivers, learnt this when tried to process a return via MIC that had just been delivered by one of their vans.

3 hours ago, Knoxville said:

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but does anyone know who does the Hermes deliveries here?

I’ve had three parcels go to the wrong address, very much the wrong address but luckily the gentleman who received these made the effort to bring them to me himself, they’ve just been left on his door step as well........one item was a quite expensive Christmas gift.

Ive tried Hermes direct and they’re about as much use as a chocolate fire guard!!!

I had a Christmas catalogue delivered through Hermes, the only part that was my address was the house number, I made all sort of attempts to try and get the Hermes courier to collect it but it never happened, I left it outside the front door hoping the next time he came he'd notice, nope it stayed there and he instead delivered something else that was actually for one of my neighbours (who I don't know and wouldn't willing accept responsibility for one of their parcels) but what can be done?

In answer to your question there is a local Facebook group called : My Hermes IOM 

8 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

he instead delivered something else that was actually for one of my neighbours (who I don't know and wouldn't willing accept responsibility for one of their parcels) but what can be done?

Invite them to dinner maybe?

My experience of Hermes is that they

1. Say they’ve tried to deliver and couldn’t, even if we were in

2. Leave cards with no tracking number and no contact details to arrange re delivery

Due to my health issues I’ve ordered a wheel chair from Amazon. Hermes allege they tried to deliver at a date and time we were definitely in.

We received no card. I found out what Hermes claimed by using the tracking on my Amazon account. There has been no attempt at redelivery.

i contacted Hermes  via its online service. Chat and phone were not working. 48 hours later they e-mailed to say i had to sort via Amazon.

Amszon took two weeks. Multiple e-mails and phone calls.  Never same person twice; before they alleged the chair had been damaged during the attempted delivery and they were going to reimburse..

They claim they, Amazon, have extreme difficulty in extracting info from Hermes. Begs the question “why use them then”

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

................'cos they're the cheapest? So, more profit?............Just a thought.........

Very hit and miss too. Some of the delivery folk are ace, some are shite.

We used to get ours delivered by an older guy ( little white Tonka van) who must have smoked about 100 fags per day (just in the van), as every parcel reeked of stale tobacco smoke.

The Hermes disaster is not confined to us. In a recent chat with a friend who lives near Guildford they told me that they, and many friends, have had numerous Christmas gifts go astray, deilvered to the wrong address, and worst of all, Hermes claiming deilvery was completed, when it wasn’t. 

• 3 years later...