Un Agenda 21

Cliff

TJ - Education... yet in reply to Kevster you heavily imply that education is brainwashing.

You also talk about the removal of liberty but surely any form of population control is a removing an individual's liberties?

"Population control" is a loaded term.I don't believe in controlling anyone; I prefer education and raising the standard of living as the means to lower the population. Poverty and lack of education are the root cause of overpopulation. It's not just religion.

BUT......according to you education is brainwashing?

So the answer to the problem is more brainwashing which you state is unacceptable. How do you hold these two views without being conflicted?

And who said anything about religion!

I mentioned religion because it's almost always brought up as the primary reason for overpopulation, particularly the Catholic Church and its position on contraception. Education need not be brainwashing. Education is a neutral tool; it is down to the educator whether it is used to encourage learning and critical independent thinking or to encourage obedience and indoctrination.

TJ, is this post not a contradiction of that thread you started with a vid featuring Noam Chumpsky?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is education TJ? Is it this?

You went to school, didn't you? That's all the brainwashing you need.

Or is it this:

Education is a neutral tool; it is down to the educator whether it is used to encourage learning and critical independent thinking or to encourage obedience and indoctrination.

How can you presume what my teachers were like?

There are individual teachers who do try to encourage independent critical thinking; I recall one teacher who played us a documentary about the JFK assassination cover-up which could have planted early seeds of distrust for the official narrative in some of the students. I hope so. He also expressed exasperation that his class were just sponging information from him instead of really THINKING about or engaging with the subject matter. And that included me; I didn't think for myself at that stage either. But, as a system as a whole, mass education is about indoctrination and obedience. Those teachers who truly want to engage with the students' minds and get them to think are fighting an uphill battle. It's not as if I'm suggesting teachers are consciously trying to indoctrinate; in general, they can't help themselves because they also have been indoctrinated and have internalised it all.

TJ - How do you know that the teacher who played you that video was not brainwashing you and all the rest of your teachers were not giving you a neutral education?

Is this a trick question? Teaching itself may be a neutral tool, but in OUR [the British] educational system, there is no neutrality; it's based on a curriculum which is extremely ideologically motivated.

So what you are saying is that we should replace the current system of "brainwashing" with a system that educates people to your view of the world? Surely then we are simply replacing of system of "brainwashing" with another?

I have no desire to brainwash anyone; students should be free to think for themselves and come to their own conclusions. Many would come to the conclusion that the sort of social and economic system we have right now is the right way, and I'd be more than happy with that as long as they came to that conclusion from their own critical independent thinking instead of it being spoon-fed to them.

I would rather get rid of "mass" education and leave education to local communities instead of having to subscribe to a nationally or internationally accepted curriculum. It's the curriculum which is the source of the indoctrination.

So what you are saying is that we should replace the current system of "brainwashing" with a system that educates people to your view of the world? Surely then we are simply replacing of system of "brainwashing" with another?

I have no desire to brainwash anyone; students should be free to think for themselves and come to their own conclusions. Many would come to the conclusion that the sort of social and economic system we have right now is the right way, and I'd be more than happy with that as long as they came to that conclusion from their own critical independent thinking instead of it being spoon-fed to them.

I would rather get rid of "mass" education and leave education to local communities instead of having to subscribe to a nationally or internationally accepted curriculum. It's the curriculum which is the source of the indoctrination.

so following on from this , we would end up with small units of indoctrinated people, all with different opinions ? ie. tribes with maybe conflicting opinions...............sounds familiar ? middle east ? Syria, Iraq, need I go on ?

so following on from this , we would end up with small units of indoctrinated people, all with different opinions ? ie. tribes with maybe conflicting opinions...............sounds familiar ? middle east ? Syria, Iraq, need I go on ?

The Isle of Man having its own education system would hardly cause the end of the world.

They may use GCSE's and A Levels but the Isle of Man can choose the curriculum, however, as we use the UK awarding bodies there are certain elements that must be covered.

The early years stages are where you will see the most differences.

All that said since when was UN Agenda 21 about the Isle of Man?

They may use GCSE's and A Levels but the Isle of Man can choose the curriculum, however, as we use the UK awarding bodies there are certain elements that must be covered.

The early years stages are where you will see the most differences.

All that said since when was UN Agenda 21 about the Isle of Man?

Why don't you ask the Biodiversity officers in Government, or ask whoever wrote the Liberal Vannin Party's manifesto?

Archived